Royal Caribbean has changed the itinerary it had originally planned for Freedom of the Seas due to a propulsion problem that the ship is suffering from.
The last few Freedom of the Seas itineraries have also been changed and while the ports the ship was planning on visiting remains unchanged, the amount of time in port is being reduced.
The new itinerary will have Freedom of the Seas
- December 21: Depart Port Canaveral at 4:30pm
- December 22: Sea Day
- December 23: Labadee from 10:15am to 4pm
- December 24: San Juan from 2:30pm to 8pm
- December 25: St. Maarten from 8am to 1pm
- December 26: Sea Day
- December 27: Sea Day
- December 28: Return to Port Canaveral at 7:15am
As with other altered cruises due to this propulsion problem, Royal Caribbean will give passengers onboard credit as an apology for the change. A letter with the credit amount will be delivered to each stateroom.
There is no word on what caused the propulsion problems. Royal Caribbean maintains the ship is perfectly safe. Freedom of the Seas is scheduled for a dry dock session in January 2015.