Utopia of the Seas will be the sixth ship in Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class when she launches in 2024, and she will also be one of the biggest cruise ships in the world.
As an Oasis Class ship, she will be smaller than the upcoming Icon of the Seas; however, that does not mean that the ship will not be packed to the brim with ways for passengers to relax, dine, and more.
Guests will be able to book sailings onboard Utopia of the Seas starting June 22, 2023.
Here is a look at everything we know about Utopia of the Seas.
How big is Utopia of the Seas?
Once completed, Utopia of the Seas will measure 236,860 gross registered tons and 1,188 ft. in length, meaning that she will be of a similar size to Wonder of the Seas versus older Oasis Class vessels.
Moreover, she will have a capacity of 5,668 passengers at double occupancy split between 2,834 staterooms.
Where will Utopia of the Seas sail from?
Being that Utopia will be the first Oasis Class cruise ship to be powered by Liquified Natural Gas, or LNG, it makes sense that her homeport will be Port Canaveral, Florida.
LNG is the cleanest fossil fuel that can power ships today. It has the potential to reduce carbon emissions by around 30%, sulfur emissions by nearly 100%, and nitrogen oxide emissions by around 85%.
Where will Utopia of the Seas sail to?
Utopia of the Seas will make 3- and 4-night cruises to Nassau and their private island: Perfect Day at CocoCay.
The inaugural voyage is slated for July 22, 2024 and will be a 4-night cruise to Nassau and Perfect Day at CocoCay. The second sailing will depart on July 26, 2024 and will be a short 3-night cruise to The Bahamas.
Utopia of the Seas neighborhoods & layout
Utopia of the Seas is the final ship in the Oasis Class, unless Royal Caribbean decides to order additional Oasis Class cruise ships in the future.
Of course, Royal Caribbean would not debut the biggest and boldest Oasis Class ship without making some modifications, meaning that there will be some venues, staterooms, and other features not found on any other Oasis vessel in the fleet.
Like other Oasis Class ships, Utopia of the Seas will have the following neighborhoods:
- The Boardwalk, where guests will find the fan-favorite Playmakers, carousel, and, of course, AquaTheater.
- Pool & Sports Zone, which will feature the Caribbean-style pool deck and a three-story Lime and Coconut Bar.
- Central Park, where guests will find the only Izumi in the Park on any Oasis Class ship. This is a concept taken from Icon of the Seas.
- The Royal Promenade, the main thoroughfare on Utopia of the Seas.
- Entertainment Place, the entertainment hub of all Oasis Class vessels. Here, you can find the comedy club, casino, theatre, etc.
- Youth Zone, which is home to Adventure Ocean programming, an arcade ($), and teen club.
- Vitality Spa & Fitness, Royal Caribbean's signature spa that offers treatments and services ranging from pedicures to bamboo massages. The fitness center is available at no extra cost.
- Suite Neighborhood, which is a carry-over from Wonder of the Seas. This is an exclusive enclave for suite guests who are hoping to enhance their cruising experience.
Utopia of the Seas dining
In total, there will be over 40 ways to drink and dine when onboard the ship, ranging from the complimentary Windjammer to brand-new concepts, such as the immersive train car and Pesky Parrot bar. Plus, you will be able to enjoy 16 cuisines from around the world.
With 10 complimentary dining options, it is possible to not spend a penny extra on dining outside of what is included in your base fare. Start your mornings at the Windjammer and grab a snack at the full-size food truck before indulging in a three-course meal at the Main Dining Room.
With 11 specialty venues, however, you may want to splurge on sushi in Central Park (a first on any Oasis Class ship), bar food at Playmakers, southern comfort dishes at The Mason Jar, and more.
Utopia of the Seas complimentary dining options:
- Main Dining Room
- Windjammer Cafe
- Solarium Bistro
- Poolside food truck, increasing the total number of dining options on the pool deck to three
- Park Café
- Cafe Promenadé
- Sorrento’s Pizza
- Boardwalk Dog House
- El Loco Fresh
- Sprinkles for ice cream
- Coastal Kitchen (suites only)
- Room service (continental breakfast only)
- Johnny Rockets (breakfast only)
Utopia of the Seas specialty dining options:
- Chops Grille, which will now be connected to the Trellis Bar
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar with outdoor Gio’s Terrazza overlooking the Boardwalk
- Immersive train car experience
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi / Izumi in the Park
- Hooked Seafood
- 150 Central Park
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
- Johnny Rockets (lunch and dinner)
- The Mason Jar
- Chef’s Table
Utopia of the Seas bars & lounges
Utopia of the Seas has no shortage of bars and lounges for guests to explore. Some fan-favorites are returning, like Playmakers, Boleros, the Schooner Bar.
Replacing the Bionic Bar, however, will be the Pesky Parrot, a new-to-brand Caribbean tiki bar that will serve tropical beverages, both frozen and on the rocks.
Bars and lounges on Wonder of the Seas include:
- Schooner Bar
- Trellis Bar
- Rising Tide Bar
- Solarium Bar
- Bell and Barely Pub
- Wipe Out Bar
- The Attic
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
- The Lime and Coconut
- Pesky Parrot
- Music Hall
- Spotlight Karaoke
- Cantina Fresca
- The Vue
Activities onboard Utopia of the Seas
Like Wonder of the Seas, there will only be one Flowrider on Utopia. In place of the other one will be a redesigned playscape. This theme playground will feature climbing walls, nets, games, puzzles, and slides for younger guests.
Likewise, there will be mini-golf, two rock walls, a zip line, and the longest Ultimate Abyss yet, which will be 43 feet longer than previous incarnations. This will make it the longest dry slide at sea. Plus, it has been reworked to be even faster than previous ones!
In terms of the casino, Utopia will have two that will have a combined 371 slot machines! The standard casino, which will permit smoking, will have roughly 539 seats, while the non-smoking casino will have about 64.
Other activities onboard Utopia of the Seas:
- Adults-only Solarium
- Adventure Ocean programming
- Suites-only sun deck with a private pool that overlooks the ocean
- Music Hall
- Adults-only comedy venue, The Attic
- Perfect Storm water slides
- Three pools on the top deck, two of which are resort-style, while the third will have a sloping entry
- Studio B ice skating rink
- Royal Theater for unique and Broadway-style productions
- Splashaway Bay
Utopia of the Seas construction
Utopia of the Seas is under construction at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France. The ship began construction in April 2022.
When will Utopia of the Seas be delivered?
Utopia of the Seas is scheduled for delivery to Royal Caribbean in the spring of 2024. Cruise ship delivery is the transfer of ownership of the ship from the shipyard to the buyer, in this case Royal Caribbean. This marks an important milestone in the construction process.
Delivery, however, does not mean the ship begins sailing with passengers in spring 2024. Wonder of the Seas, for example, was delivered to Royal Caribbean in January 2022, but her inaugural sailing was not until March 4, 2022.