What happens once on board?

JennyB

The first cruise we took a few years ago was completely arranged by my brother who is a seasoned cruiser...it was for our parents' 50th.  He knew everything...we just kind of followed him everywhere...?

Once on board the ship, we went to some sort of lounge and won some prizes that included excursion tickets...

My question(s) is/are this/these...how do we know about this type of stuff to do? is there a way to know when and where this type of stuff happens before we get there?  and if not, how do we find out once we are on board?

Just now, Jennifer.Bogue said:

The first cruise we took a few years ago was completely arranged by my brother who is a seasoned cruiser...it was for our parents' 50th.  He knew everything...we just kind of followed him everywhere...?

Once on board the ship, we went to some sort of lounge and won some prizes that included excursion tickets...

My question(s) is/are this/these...how do we know about this type of stuff to do? is there a way to know when and where this type of stuff happens before we get there?  and if not, how do we find out once we are on board?

My suggestion is once you get onboard, you will be handed a cruise compass. That lists EVERYTHING (well, almost) that will be happening on the ship. You can also browse some cruise compasses of different ships by clicking on the link that says "cruise compass" on the top of this page or by going here ----> https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass. Hope this helps !!!