Oasis Class Conundrum - Amped?

Does anyone have any idea when Allure will be getting amplified?  While on our cruise next week, I plan on book Feb 2020 for myself and the in-laws.  We will be doing a Jr. Suite for them, and either a CLS or a 2-bedroom Grand Suite for me, the wife, and daughter.  Pricing is pretty even across the 3 older sisters (Oasis, Allure, Harmony), but the question lay in what would be the better ship.  We are going on Oasis next week, and I know she will be getting amped next year.  Allure is scheduled for 2020, but not sure when.  Oasis is not doing Perfect Day, but is going to Labadee.  Allure is doing perfect day, but if she isn't amped yet, we would probably lean towards Oasis or Harmony...

I need help.  I know there isn't a right answer, but I'd love to hear some other opinions.  Is it better to experience the same ship (Oasis) after amplification?  Is Allure going to be a let down if not Amplified from either Harmony or the newly amped Oasis?  Will Harmony be ok either way? 

Flights generally are a wash for us from STL to MCO or FLL via Southwest.  I just know I'm already spinning trying to make a decision, and my family just doesn't understand the nuanced pain that the other members of the support group message boards do in choosing a vacation...

51 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Allure is scheduled for 2020, but not sure when.

Oasis is getting amped Oct. 2019 so I am assuming Allure will follow suit with getting amped in Fall 2020.

52 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Is it better to experience the same ship (Oasis) after amplification?

@twangster is doing this for Indy.  He sailed it before and will soon sail it after.  I think he is doing this for Oasis too.  He can probably shed some good insight on this one.

54 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Is Allure going to be a let down if not Amplified from either Harmony or the newly amped Oasis? 

IMO, yes.  Especially if you are cruising with kids.  We are doing Harmony with our girls this March 2019 and when booking for March 2020, Allure wasn't even a consideration because she would be older and no slides (which are pretty much a deal breaker for my kids).  We booked Oasis for March 2020.  But for us, we rarely consider the ports as the ship is the destination for us.  The only itineraries that we have booked for the actual itinerary is the Anthem GC.  And personally, I think Perfect Day is overrated.  We finally booked a cruise that allows Perfect Day to show up in my cruise planner and the activities are beyond pricey.  I am pretty sure come August 2019, we'll be staying on board or just wandering.

57 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Will Harmony be ok either way? 

I think so.  All the OA class ships are great.  I am sure Harmony will still be in good shape.  Just note that she is due for a dry dock likely in 2021 (my predictions anyway) because she came into service in 2016.

58 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

my family just doesn't understand the nuanced pain that the other members of the support group message boards do in choosing a vacation...

Lol.  I get that!

@Lovetocruise2002, that's exactly the kind of response I was expecting.  Thank you!  It's easier to apply logic to someone else's vacation/money, and put things into perspective for me.  Saving money by going with Oasis amplified, means I can spend more on a Cabana in Labadee vs overpay for something on the new Perfect Day, and get a nicer suite overall...  Still nothing as good as that pricing for Harmony you put on the FB page the other day.  

So here is another take...

If you've never sailed Oasis class, your first time will be like going on your first cruise ever.  Do you remember your first cruise?  That OMG feeling taking it all in?  You will get that no matter what Oasis sister you sail on. 

You can't possibly take in everything going on with just one Oasis class cruise.  It's easy to say slides are a make-break decision but I'd push that threshold to a second Oasis class sailing.   I'm a big slide guy and I just did them on Symphony today, but my first Oasis class was Oasis with no slides.  They are cool, but they don't make my cruise no more than saying a ship must have Playmakers or forget it. 

I think I’m leaning towards Oasis after the amplification. Slides aren’t going to push us one way or another. Getting to experience her after revitalization sounds good. And as of right now, it will be 18 months or so between trips on this itinerary, and Labadee and Coz are good stops. Plus, being able to get a CLS is very enticing. Probably working too hard to sell the wife on it, and should just YOLO book it. 

6 more sleeps until our first Oasis Class cruise!

2 hours ago, betatke1480 said:

@Lovetocruise2002, that's exactly the kind of response I was expecting.  Thank you!  It's easier to apply logic to someone else's vacation/money, and put things into perspective for me.  Saving money by going with Oasis amplified, means I can spend more on a Cabana in Labadee vs overpay for something on the new Perfect Day, and get a nicer suite overall...  Still nothing as good as that pricing for Harmony you put on the FB page the other day.  

Haha! You had your chance. We could have been next door neighbours. I posted it on 2 groups and someone grabbed that within hours. It was a good deal. Not to throw a wrench in your plans but if you are going with OA post amp, SC suites are actually at a decent price. Not as good as the price I posted yesterday but close. We booked for OA in March 2020 in a 2BDR ATS and are paying similar to the price I posted yesterday. Have a closer look before you book.