Miami Hotel Help

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown a couple of times. It's a decent hotel, and I love that it's across from Bayside Marketplace so there are things to do and places to eat nearby.

Next spring, since it's spring break, we're going to try Homewood Suites by Hilton-Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon. It's close to the airport, but a bit away from the port. I chose there because it's way cheaper than being closer to the port and beaches. Spring break pricing is crazy in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

If you want to take the RCI transfers, then staying by the airport makes sense, but there is not much

around there to do - You have to choose one or the other really, the airport is about 15-20 min away

from the Port of Miami, unlike the FLL port

Holiday Inn Port of Miami, I agree is convenient is right across from the port and easy to take a cab the next day

I have also stayed at the Marriott and Hilton right near the ports, and while they are more pricey the

location is great, and views and you can walk around to do things. 

You might try the Cambria Suites; we stayed there last year as we needed to drop a car off at the airport before our cruise as we drove down from Orlando.  Each room is a mini or full suite depending on what you book and comes in handy when traveling with children as it gives you a bit more space.  However, we've also stayed at the Double Tree and had a good experience at their airport hotel, too.

Keep in mind that most airport hotels can arrange inexpensive transportation to the port, so there's probably no compelling reason to stay at the port especially if you're trying to save some money.

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2015 at 10:16 AM, michelle said:

If you want to take the RCI transfers, then staying by the airport makes sense, but there is not much

around there to do - You have to choose one or the other really, the airport is about 15-20 min away

from the Port of Miami, unlike the FLL port

Holiday Inn Port of Miami, I agree is convenient is right across from the port and easy to take a cab the next day

I have also stayed at the Marriott and Hilton right near the ports, and while they are more pricey the

location is great, and views and you can walk around to do things. 

Hi Michelle, which Hilton near the port did you stay in? How did you enjoy it?

• 1 month later...