Slight Itinerary Change for Grandeur thanks to Michael

coneyraven

When it comes to Lady G .... the hits just keep coming....

Yesterday, she was to leave Baltimore for a 9-night Canada / New England ....

The word for those boarding was that the ship would be leaving at 2:00 instead of the scheduled 4:00, to stay ahead of Michael .....

Then, during Muster Drill, it was announced that it would be back to the 4:00 embarkation time, due to the speed of Michael being quicker than anticipated, the ship would be "parked" in the Chesapeake Bay until the storm passes, then continue on its way (they were figuring around midnight)..... They ended up parking Lady G just south of Annapolis (within sight of the Bay Bridges)

The end result was that Boston would be skipped with the first port of call being Bar Harbor, Maine ...

As of 6:30 this morning, she was just getting started at 5 knots and rising (a lot of tankers headed north had to pass by first, I'm assuming that was the reason for the delay).

It's a beautiful morning here, albeit, chilly so they should have relatively smooth seas from here on out.

I saw the Chesapeake Tunnel Bridge was closed for 12 hours due to winds over 70MPH, so hopefully they didn't have to deal with the open sea at that point.  I can tell you here last night the winds were almost as bad as Sandy when we lived in NY. I would be a bit upset missing Boston but better safe than sorry.  Hoping all is well for you in a week or so!!  

2 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

I saw the Chesapeake Tunnel Bridge was closed for 12 hours due to winds over 70MPH, so hopefully they didn't have to deal with the open sea at that point.  I can tell you here last night the winds were almost as bad as Sandy when we lived in NY. I would be a bit upset missing Boston but better safe than sorry.  Hoping all is well for you in a week or so!!  

Yeah, I'm up here in the mountains of far Western Maryland, it was howling last night ..... With them being parked just below the bridges, they're about 4 - 5 hours from the Bay Bridge Tunnel so hopefully things will be "good-to-go" by the time they get down there.