Kids Sail free

runeash

Looking for some advise travelling with 2 adults 3 kids (12 yrs old) looking to travel in March 2019 using for KSF promotion. Which ships may be fit 2 adults and 3 kids flexible on destination from florida. The KSF promotion still ends up charging lower fare instead of free fare?

Promenade View Interior
$4,736.00
4 Guests
Deck 7 Room 7199 Edit
View Summary
Guest 1
Cruise Fare
$1,599.00
Taxes & Fees
$157.00
Guest 2
Cruise Fare
$1,599.00
Taxes & Fees
$157.00
Guest 3
Cruise Fare
$769.00
Taxes & Fees
$157.00
Guest 4
Cruise Fare
$769.00
Taxes & Fees
$157.00
Discounts & Credits
RES NO REF DEP
$258.00
KSF NO REF DEP
$2,413.00
Average cost per person
$673.25
TOTAL
$2,693.00
Minimum Deposit
$1,060.00

You mentioned March....that isn't one of the blacked out KSF dates, is it?

The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between November 17 – November 23, 2018, sailings between December 18, 2018 – January 1, 2019, sailings between February 15 – 18, 2019, sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019, sailings between April 13 – 22, 2019 and sailings between November 23 – 30, 2019.

9 hours ago, runeash said:

KSF NO REF DEP
$2,413.00

This is your discount from KSF. 

I don't know why it shows up like this on the invoice but it does.  All the reservations I have with KSF, the charges show, and then are taken off at the end like how it is here.  I cannot explain the math to you as it is wonky RCL logic.  I am not sure how they go about calculating it.  You pay the port taxes for your kids.  This is all assuming you are not within the blackout dates as @Matt pointed out. 

My advice is to work with a travel agent. MEI travel sponsors this blog and many of us receive excellent service from them.  The TA would be able to help you understand the KSF breakdown.  

There are very few staterooms that fit 5 people.  Look for the word "Family" in the stateroom description (Family Oceanview, Family Promenade, Family Suite, etc).  Since you are looking for a Spring Break cruise in 2019 they may already be booked.  A travel agent would be able to quickly see if there are any options.

I travel in connecting staterooms (2 staterooms with a door in the middle).  Once again, those book quickly and a travel agent could see if those are available.  However, that would not qualify for KSF.

Just now, runeash said:

I call RCL and they giving me $2588 US all in for march 2nd 2019 ( 7 night ) sailing on Allure with board walk balcony with $100 credit and drinks package. using the KSK and 50% second guest 

is that a good deal

For 5 people, that is not a bad deal at all!  Think of it as just over $500pp for 7 nights with a balcony on Oasis class!  That's actually pretty great!  Did you verify that the room has a pullman though so it can sleep 5??

1 hour ago, runeash said:

I call RCL and they giving me $2588 US all in for march 2nd 2019 ( 7 night ) sailing on Allure with board walk balcony with $100 credit and drinks package. using the KSK and 50% second guest 

is that a good deal

I think that is a very good deal!  Its about $500 per person which is pretty cheap for a boardwalk balcony.  It will be very tight in the stateroom but you may not spend all that much time in there anyways.  Have a great time!