Things for 18 year old to do

Guest amejiajr8

Guest amejiajr8

A family member will be turning 18 a few months before our cruise. What actives are available for this age group? Will they be able to participate in teen activities? We will be on the Jewel of the Seas during spring break. Any information is appreciated

I think 18-21 is a tough age group for most cruise lines as they're obviously too young for any of the "teen" programs but too young for the more adult activities.  That said, if it is Spring Break, then there should be plenty of others around the same age and I'd encourage him or her to go to singles parties, the dance club at night, and the like.

Agreed. Not young enough to want to take part or hang with the younger kids....and not old enough to drink or be out late with the 21 yr crowd.

Only hope is that they find a cpl other ppl on the cruise in the same situation. Otherwise they are pretty much stuck with mom and dad for the cruise.

We did a couple of cruises while my daughter was in that age range and had the same concern.  They have activities every night geared to the 18-20+ as they refer to it.  Check the compass once onboard and you should find a Meet & Greet or similar around 10:00PM for them. 

My daughter is pretty outgoing and never had a problem finding people to hang out and do things with.

Guest amejiajr8

Thanks all. It is my niece and it will be a graduation gift. Since we are doing the southern Caribbean it doesn't look like there are that many sea days so hopefully she won't be bored since we will be on the islands. It will be her first cruise so I am hoping the newest will keep her excited.

Thanks all. It is my niece and it will be a graduation gift. Since we are doing the southern Caribbean it doesn't look like there are that many sea days so hopefully she won't be bored since we will be on the islands. It will be her first cruise so I am hoping the newest will keep her excited.

Should be a fun time!