How to reach Liberty cruise port from Manhattan

Linda G

Hello,

My husband and I are going to have our first cruise in August,  9 days Canada old England with the Anthem of the seas. and this will be my first question of a long list ?

The ship is leaving from Cape Liberty port (New Jersey) and I'm combining my cruise with a few days in NY before and after the return of the cruise.

does anyone know how to reach Cape Liberty port from Manhattan (round-trip), before the departure of the cruise we have an hotel next Gramercy park and when we return we will stay in Donwtown Manhattan  next to Staten Island ferry terminal.

thank you in advance for your reply.

Linda

Edited by Linda Gilissen

3 hours ago, Linda G said:

does anyone know how to reach Cape Liberty port from Manhattan (round-trip), before the departure of the cruise we have an hotel next Gramercy park and when we return we will stay in Donwtown Manhattan  next to Staten Island ferry terminal.

The cheapest option is to take the NYC subway to the PATH Train, which gets you to Newark and then you can take a taxi from there to the terminal.

The most convenient option (especially if you have luggage) is to use Lyft/Uber or a Taxi.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:38 PM, ellcee said:

Lyft/Uber. Also check with hotel you're at.

Thank you for your reply I have an additional question on my return to NY as my hotel is just in front of the Staten island ferry terminal ( N.Y. downtown)

Iis it possible to take a taxi from the cruise terminal to the ferry terminal (Staten Island) and from there to take the ferry to N.Y. ? or is do you recommend to go directly from cruise terminal by cab to the hotel? I hope it's clear as I'm French native and my english is poor......:-)