Diffusing oils in our room

We diffuse oils with a cool mist diffuser for my daughter at night for her allergies/asthma.  The diffuser does not produce heat, its not an incense, its more like a little humidifier that you add maybe 3/4 cup of cold water and oils to,  but small enough to hold in your hands (but it does plug in).  Has anyone brought one of these on the ship or had any problems bringing these aboard?  Also, I have read the prohibited items and I see this doesn't fall under them but I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this.

• 1 year later...

We take to our cruises a humidifier and we have never had any problems.

My wife suffers from eczema and she has to use essential oils (lavender and chamomile). Plus the humidity level should be at least 45%. That's why we bought a humidifier which has a trail for essential oils - a great find for my wife. Before we've found it in one of the reviews, I have never known that it is possible to maintain the humidity and to diffuse oils simultaneously. The brand is Everlasting Comfort, if I'm not mistaken.