Question about Main Dining Room Seating Arrangements

tx2tn

We have never cruised before. We will be on Oasis of the Sea this September. Our dining is "My Time". Can you tell us about the seating arrangements? Do you sit with other cruisers at a large table? Is it the same people and table each night or do they change? Can you request a small table for two? Do they specialty restaurants offer tables for just two?

My Time Dining allows you to make your own decisions about when and with who you sit. MTD applys to the main dining room only, if you are headed for a specialty restaurant then you make a reservation with that restaurant (or walk up to that restaurant).

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it but believe I understand it :)

Basically you will have the option of making reservations ahead of time, or on board, or just walking up to the restaurant when you are ready and requesting a table. You can request to be sat along or with a larger group, you can request to have the same table/waitstaff. I don't believe any of the requests are guaranteed to be honored, but by all accounts they usually are.

Specialty restaurants are usually better about sitting you at a small table every time.

My Time Dining allows you to make your own decisions about when and with who you sit. MTD applys to the main dining room only, if you are headed for a specialty restaurant then you make a reservation with that restaurant (or walk up to that restaurant).

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it but believe I understand it :)

Basically you will have the option of making reservations ahead of time, or on board, or just walking up to the restaurant when you are ready and requesting a table. You can request to be sat along or with a larger group, you can request to have the same table/waitstaff. I don't believe any of the requests are guaranteed to be honored, but by all accounts they usually are.

Specialty restaurants are usually better about sitting you at a small table every time.

You're right, that's essentially it