MTD reserved time, but late

Dennis M

We are cruising Alaska southbound on the Radiance in July. We have MTD and I have reserved the times because we like to eat early. My question is if we are late getting to the MDR will we still be able to eat on a first available basis, or will we need to go to another dining area since we missed our reserved time?

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=BBQluver&

Welcome to the message boards!

Since you are assigned to the My Time MDR, your reservation is a +/- 15 minute window. 

When you visit the My Time MDR there are 2 lines, one for those with reservations and a separate line for MTD guests that don't have a reservation.  If you are within your +/- 15 minute window go into the line for guests with reservations.  If you are outside of the reservation window, simply go into the line for guests without reservations.

You can change your MTD reservations once on the ship for any night.  If possible, when you know you won't make a reservation you can call them or visit to cancel it for that night then show up when you can and use the "no reservation" line. 

Cancelling a reservation is not required but appreciated since they try to sit you at the same table when possible and keeping a table waiting for you when you know you won't use it delays someone else from being to use that table.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

Since you are assigned to the My Time MDR, your reservation is a +/- 15 minute window. 

When you visit the My Time MDR there are 2 lines, one for those with reservations and a separate line for MTD guests that don't have a reservation.  If you are within your +/- 15 minute window go into the line for guests with reservations.  If you are outside of the reservation window, simply go into the line for guests without reservations.

You can change your MTD reservations once on the ship for any night.  If possible, when you know you won't make a reservation you can call them or visit to cancel it for that night then show up when you can and use the "no reservation" line. 

Cancelling a reservation is not required but appreciated since they try to sit you at the same table when possible and keeping a table waiting for you when you know you won't use it delays someone else from being to use that table.

Thank you, twangster. There are only a couple of nights that I think we may still be ashore close to the dining times I reserved. Can I call the ship dining room with my cell from shore if I see I need to cancel my reservation? I don't want to hold up dining service for others if I am not going to be there at the reserved time.

1 minute ago, Dennis M said:

Thank you, twangster. There are only a couple of nights that I think we may still be ashore close to the dining times I reserved. Can I call the ship dining room with my cell from shore if I see I need to cancel my reservation? I don't want to hold up dining service for others if I am not going to be there at the reserved time.

No, I don't think there will be a phone number that would be associated with the ship. Just do your best.  If you know, before you leave in the morning, that you are going to miss your dining reservation, call and cancel before you leave.  But if you think you will make it back in time but just don't....well, they will wait 15 minutes and then give your table to someone who is waiting.  It's a courtesy but sometimes missing your reservation just can't be helped.  Do your best and enjoy the ability to be spontaneous !