Jump to content

Nassau - Sandals Royal Bahamian


SeasTheDayNJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

We are cruising this coming Saturday on Anthem, we are planning on getting a day pass to Sandals Royal Bahamian - about 22 minutes by car from the port. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get there and back? It's not an excursion through RC. 

Mainly trying to choose between the "Jitney" and a taxi. Is Nassau safe for tourists? Has anyone done the day pass before? Anyone ever taken the Jitney? How did you feel? Safe, nervous? I'm reading mixed reviews about the safety on the island.

thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's what I found with a google search on "jitney" and it comes from the Urban Dictionary: 

TOP DEFINITION
 
Unlicensed taxi cabs that service high-crime areas where licensed cabs don't want to go.
 
Stick to a taxi, perhaps someone else can comment on Nassau and doing a non Royal excursion. :27_sunglasses:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard of quite a few people using the Jitneys in Nassau and having no problem - I think the big thing is just knowing where you're going in the first place and sticking to the tourist areas. 

That said - if this is still a big concern taxis may be better! If you're going to resort from port in a taxi I don't imagine you'd run in to too much trouble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rjac said:

Here's what I found with a google search on "jitney" and it comes from the Urban Dictionary: 

TOP DEFINITION
 
Unlicensed taxi cabs that service high-crime areas where licensed cabs don't want to go.
 
Stick to a taxi, perhaps someone else can comment on Nassau and doing a non Royal excursion. :27_sunglasses:

Oh Geeze! LOL what a description!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

I've heard of quite a few people using the Jitneys in Nassau and having no problem - I think the big thing is just knowing where you're going in the first place and sticking to the tourist areas. 

That said - if this is still a big concern taxis may be better! If you're going to resort from port in a taxi I don't imagine you'd run in to too much trouble. 

Wondering about the price of a taxi for 2 -- drive is about 22-25 minutes from port. I wish Sandals would offer a car service for hire...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Wondering about the price of a taxi for 2 -- drive is about 22-25 minutes from port. I wish Sandals would offer a car service for hire...

Unfortunately, that I do not know. I don't imagine it being too outrageous (especially if you find another group to share a taxi with), but I don't know that I've heard of a ton of people going to Sandals in Nassau. Most people seem to want to do the Atlantis thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

Unfortunately, that I do not know. I don't imagine it being too outrageous (especially if you find another group to share a taxi with), but I don't know that I've heard of a ton of people going to Sandals in Nassau. Most people seem to want to do the Atlantis thing. 

we honeymooned at Sandals Antigua, love the resort chain! I think we will probably get a taxi over there, I'm sure there will be many of them at the port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...