Labadee questions

melski94

I have a beach bungalow booked and 9:30 Dragons Flightline.  

1.  Should I try to go to the beach bungalow before the zip line?  Do I get to pick out my bungalow or are they preassigned?  Or should I just head there and drop our stuff there anyways before the zip line?

2.  I see pictures and videos while on the zip line (although rules say nothing loose).  Do I need the chest or head strap for the go pro or will the wrist strap be ok?  Any other ideas for pictures?

3.  Read that I can tip someone and leave my camera and they will take pictures of us.  Any experience?

4.  How long does the entire Dragon flight experience take (training, waiting, etc)?  Cruise planner says 1 hr 15 minutes, how accurate?  Any other tips for Dragon Flight?

5.  Will my MIL have problems taking my 2 little kids (ages 11 and 6) off the ship with her?  Ideally, she'd meet us at the bungalow.  I don't want them running around the beach the entire time we are gone but would prefer not to have to go back to the ship to pick them up.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

Should I try to go to the beach bungalow before the zip line? 

Yes, if possible.

Do I get to pick out my bungalow or are they preassigned? 

They are pre-assigned, but you may have some leeway if there are others available or you arrive before someone else.  In other words, it can depend.

I see pictures and videos while on the zip line (although rules say nothing loose).  Do I need the chest or head strap for the go pro or will the wrist strap be ok?  Any other ideas for pictures?

Technically you're not supposed to hold the camera in your hand.  That being said, I've seen this rule broken a lot.  Of course, I don't know what kind of death grips these people have on their cameras because it looks so easy to drop it.

Read that I can tip someone and leave my camera and they will take pictures of us.  Any experience?

Never heard of this, but you might bribe a fellow cruiser with an offer of a free beer if they take your photo.

Will my MIL have problems taking my 2 little kids (ages 11 and 6) off the ship with her?  Ideally, she'd meet us at the bungalow.  I don't want them running around the beach the entire time we are gone but would prefer not to have to go back to the ship to pick them up.

No problem at all. She just needs the kids' SeaPass cards.

Both my GoPro and phone case have wrist straps.  I highly recommend a wrist strap for a phone while cruising for all photo ops around the side of the ship.  Works great on the zip line too.  Death grip is real but having a wrist strap makes such a difference.  You can relax and take better pictures.  

At the 1st or practice zip line they'll offer to take your camera or phone and take pictures, but not on the main line.  The expectation is a tip for doing so.  

I'd plan 75-90 minutes.