Barcelona port to airport

redgrapes2

Hi all - thanks for all the help planning our June 2018 Med cruise on Symphony.  Question on debarkation times, we are looking at potentially booking a 10am flight out of Barcelona.  It looks like the port is close to the airport, so I'm hoping someone with experience might know whether a 10am flight is doable with priority walkoff or if we should look for a later return flight home.  Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't book a flight that early. While you'll essentially be able to walk off the ship without any type of passport control or immigration, this will not be the case at the airport. Plus, you need to account for the extra security screenings required for flights headed to the United States. Also, depending on your airline, you may need to have luggage checked in an hour or more before your flight. And there could be additional crowds depending on how many ships are in port. We were on an off season cruise to the Med last month and even so there were for ships in port. 

9 hours ago, redgrapes2 said:

Hi all - thanks for all the help planning our June 2018 Med cruise on Symphony.  Question on debarkation times, we are looking at potentially booking a 10am flight out of Barcelona.  It looks like the port is close to the airport, so I'm hoping someone with experience might know whether a 10am flight is doable with priority walkoff or if we should look for a later return flight home.  Thanks in advance!

As said @DocLC I would not take a flight before 12 PM , I went to the airport twice after a cruise from Barcelona, one time we went of the ship around 8 and one time around 7:30 AM ,  

Take into consideration at least 30 minutes drive to the airport , I would not risk it.