Jump to content
Flossy

Casino Certificate and Rates

Recommended Posts

Just got off Liberty of the Seas and was given a $200 off next cruise certificate. I asked my TA to call number on certificate and inquire about casino rates and use of certificate for new cruise on 10/28. He stated that when he called they said that casino rates are no longer given, but they did increase my certificate to $300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that your TA got bad information from Club Royale.  The truth probably is....that you may not have qualified for a casino rate and they just told you that the casino rates are no longer given.  Not everyone who gets a certificate will qualify for a casino rate.  That's why I always suggest that you call and ask.  You did the right thing.  It's very good news that they increased your certificate amount !  Congratulations !  Also, not all travel agents are experienced with Club Royale and if you are going to be playing in the casino and receiving casino benefits, I STRONGLY suggest that you find a TA that has experience working directly with Club Royale.  It is really important.

They do still have casino rates....it's just that they are much more limited than they used to be.  Nowadays you cannot book a casino rate more than 1 year out and [still unverified by me] they are not allowing casino rates on full suites.  I hope this last one is untrue as we book mainly suites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They do still have casino rates....it's just that they are much more limited than they used to be.  Nowadays you cannot book a casino rate more than 1 year out and [still unverified by me] they are not allowing casino rates on full suites.  I hope this last one is untrue as we book mainly suites.

I just booked Enchantment for November with a casino rate in a Grand Suite.  I don't get a great casino rate yet, but I did get something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

I just booked Enchantment for November with a casino rate in a Grand Suite.  I don't get a great casino rate yet, but I did get something.  

OOOOOOHH...you just made my day !  I'm so happy that they are still offering casino rates on suites.  I hadn't tried to book one yet.  I was afraid I would get an answer I didn't want.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Flossy said:

Just got off Liberty of the Seas and was given a $200 off next cruise certificate. I asked my TA to call number on certificate and inquire about casino rates and use of certificate for new cruise on 10/28. He stated that when he called they said that casino rates are no longer given, but they did increase my certificate to $300.

That sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to request certificate now? Before we had it delivered to by cabin on last night of the cruise. On our latest cruise we didn't get it now despite accumulating more than enough points :10_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cez said:

Do you have to request certificate now? Before we had it delivered to by cabin on last night of the cruise. On our latest cruise we didn't get it now despite accumulating more than enough points :10_wink:

No, the process has not changed.  It SHOULD be delivered to your room.  It's when the certificate is promised but not delivered that there is a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, the process has not changed.  It SHOULD be delivered to your room.  It's when the certificate is promised but not delivered that there is a problem.

thanks @WAAAYTOOO I guess phone call to Royal should be made :3_grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off Harmony last week. We had enough points for a $300 certificate...hubby $200 and me $100...and they gave us our certificates right there in the casino.

I also have another casino question...are your points ongoing from cruise to cruise or do they expire at end of current cruise and you start at 0 on your next cruise? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geema said:

We just got off Harmony last week. We had enough points for a $300 certificate...hubby $200 and me $100...and they gave us our certificates right there in the casino.

I also have another casino question...are your points ongoing from cruise to cruise or do they expire at end of current cruise and you start at 0 on your next cruise? Thanks!

This is actually in the process of changing right now.  In the past, your points were only good for the cruise you were on.  The program is in the process of making your points cumulative over (I think) a 12 month period.  This is more in line with land based casinos and airline rewards programs.  This is how they are going to "rate" you and how you will qualify for position in their new "tiered" system.  I believe they will be coming out with some new guidelines within the next few weeks.  There were some preliminary guidelines that came out a few weeks back but those were, apparently, not supposed to be released when they were so whether they will hold true for the final version of the new program, who knows ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...