Newbie: Needing tips on making a 11:15 flight out of FLL

tim

I'm an early bird so getting up early to be near the front of the self assist line isn't a big deal for me.  If you have young kids in tow that could be a factor.

With self assist you keep all your luggage, you don't put any out the night before but you have to carry it off yourself down the ramp, into the terminal and through customs.

Using a cab instead of a group transfer saves time.  It's around $20 for a cab to FLL.

From Port Everglades the best I've done is just under 30 minutes from the time they started letting us off the ship to having a bag checked and through security sitting at a gate in the FLL airport.  For self assist they typically start letting you off between 6:30am - 7:30am depending on the ship.

Luggage Valet is a program offered by Royal.  Your flight has to depart after 11:30am to qualify.  

I've used it and it works great.  You have to put your luggage out in the hall on the last night so you may need a small carry on for last minute items.  

You never see or touch your luggage until you land at your final airport.  It may be restricted to domestic flights only though and it has to be booked mid-cruise so they can work with the airlines to tag your bags accordingly.  

Here is the luggage valet form from Harmony.  It costs $25 on top of what ever your airline might charge for bags.

I'm a million miler with Delta so I get free checked bags.  For frequent or elite flyers there is a spot to enter your details so you won't be charged if bag fees don't apply to you due to airline status.

Grand Suite and above guests get Luggage Valet for free.

Luggage Valet.PDF