MTD and the Maitr'e d

jce2

I've only done MTD and I usually have reservations at the same time each night.  I've never had to meet the Maitre'd before.  By the second visit they usually know your name.  I've done BOGO speciality which occurs on the 1st two nights so even going on day 3 for the 1st time I've always had great MTD experiences.  

You are not assigned a table but they will attempt to seat you in the same section so that your wait staff are the same. Often if I arrive on time I will have the same table but that isn't a sure thing.  If for some reason you just don't like your wait staff or section you can always tell the host/hostess that you would like to sit somewhere else tonight without throwing the wait staff under the bus. 

Our experience has been to take the assigned table the first night and see how we like the servers, location, etc.  At the entrance to the MDR there will be a couple of kiosk for the MTD line  that provides the seating host your table number to seat you.  If after dinner you like your location and servers go back to the kiosk attendant and ask to be seated at the same table with same servers.  They will work through the cruise schedule and do their best to accommodate your request.