Disappointed that wine packages are going away

Marc

Royal Caribbean is quietly discontinuing their wine packages. It had been that you could purchase 5, 7, 10, or 12 bottles of selected wines at a discounted price, either in advance or during the cruise. The general understanding is that these packages are no longer available as of 2015 (pretty much now).

I had really enjoyed getting a 7 bottle package for my week-long cruises. One of the selections in the wine package list happens to be one of my favorites, so I was extra pleased with the package.

Royal Caribbean is guiding people to the unlimited alcoholic packages, but they're really no real substitute for the wine packages. Costwise, they're more expensive, and you can't share them with your friends. 

I'm sorry to see the wine packages go. I'm not sure what I'll do now. At least I'll still be able to bring a couple of bottles onboard.

I think its time for a new list... We found on our last two European itineraries, security wasn't taking the wine you purchased in port... We ended up at one point with 6 bottles in the room that we had purchased across a few days... Would be great if they went the DCL route and just let you bring whatever wine you want on board... 

Where did you see that? Is it perhaps a European difference?

This page (from Royal Caribbean US) says:

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Marc is correct, it's 2 bottles per stateroom.

In my experience, they've never checked during the embarkation process. I always keep the bottles in my carry on (so they dont break) and never even a word when I go through the x-ray machine.