Swapping cabins once onboard

Hi,

For our upcoming cruise on Harmony:

Apparently it is easy to swap cabins with family members once onboard by visiting guest services.

Situation:

• my wife and I are in cabin A (with onboard credit and beverage packages)
  • my in-laws in cabin B (without any of these ;) )

We want to stay in cabin B and my in-laws in cabin A. We want to keep our OBC and beverage package.

We plan to get WOW bands.

How will that all work in detail?

• Will we simply be given extra cards to open the other room?
  • Will the wow band (issued after the change is made) open the correct door AND use the correct credit card/account?
  • Will the TV in each room use the correct onboard spending account, i.e. the account of the NEW occupant of the room or will it still show the old occupant's info incl. all their reservations?

As I read on cruise critic, there should be no problem with swapping. We will not lose OBC and beverage package.

However I couldn't find information about the WOW bands as well as the television...

How will that work? Will guest services be able to replace the info on the TV and on the WOW bands, yet keep the beverage packages and OBC? I guess that should be possible on Harmony. Also: we plan on using only our WOW bands (except for getting off the ship).

Thanks in advance for your much anticipated answers,

Best regards

Would it not be easier to do this BEFORE boarding the ship? Once the sea pass cards or wow bands are set up under your names and with your reservation info linked to your room# and the TV and any correspondence etc to your rooms....

While I am sure it can be done once onboard(as people do upgrade etc) it would seem to me that it would be much easier for all parties involved to try and make it happen before the cruise....but perhaps Royal will not allow this?

I did something similar on my last cruise.  

Guest services can give you extra room card keys, which get you access to the other room.  

We went one step further to actually move my wife from one room to another, and luckily our Concierge helped with that.  No reason Guest Services cannot do it, but you'll have to explain to them why.