From Cape C. To Miami Int. Flight at 17:00

Saftsuse

Hi,

I'm going on my first cruise in november on the Enchantment of the seas.

The ship should arrive at Cape Caneveral around 07:00.

Does anyone know if it is possible to catch a flight from Miami Int. That leaves 17:00?

Google maps says it is a 4-5 hour ride from Caneveral to the AirPort.

That means I should be on the road to Miami by 11:00

The plan:

Get off the ship.

Pick up the bags.

Catch some kind of ride from the port to Hertz and rent a car.

And then be on my way to Miami by 11:00. Arriving at the AirPort, deliver the car and be at the checkin desk before 16:00. Phew!

Is this even possible?

Erik

Essentially what you need to know is can you make an 11am flight out of Orlando, right?

If so, yes it can be done. I'd recommend taking your own bags off the ship so you can be among the first off and that way you can be at the airport with enough time.

OK, so I google it. Ha, ha. Why did I not do that first...

So it is between 3.5 and 4.5 hours according to a couple of sites.

So if I choose to carry my own bags, will there be a lot of lifting down stairs and such or can I expect to be able to wheel it/ pull it.

It will be too heavy if it involves a lot of lifting. (For my wife)

Unfortunately we can not pack light for the cruise as the cruise is the end of our vacation.

The drive to Miami ought to be about 4 hours or so, depending on how fast you drive and traffic.

If you take your own luggage there's elevators and ramps everywhere.  Granted you have to pull/carry it all but you should be able to avoid stairs.

It's doable. We went from Cape Canaveral to Miami the night before our cruise. It took us about 3.5 hours or so on a Friday evening. I'd strongly recommend paying for the toll pass with your rental company so that you can get through the toll booths faster and make sure to pick a company that is located on site at the airport.

Doable but might be a little stressful.  It is about a 4 hour drive from Canaveral to Miami.  I-95 south to Miami and then the Dolphin Expressway (836) west to the airport.  The Dolphin is a toll road so make sure to check with the rental company on prepaying tolls.

Hertz has a location at the airport.  You could drop the bags off at the curbside check in, then drop off the car and take their shuttle back to the terminal.  Probably cutting it close so I would try to get off the ship earlier to make sure you make the connection.