Hey, we just got back from Wonder of the Seas and now booked Utopia for next year!!! We have an ocean balcony booked for myself, my husband and my 9-year-old. Now, my parents want to come and get an ocean balcony too, but the price for 2 people is much higher than for 3. My daughter may want to go visit them some night. Is it possible to book their room to include 3 passengers (so it's cheaper) but also will allow my daughter to visit them a few cabins down the hallway. My question is, when my parents do their check in online, will they require any documentation from my daughter who will technically already be checked-in in our room? Does RC frown on NO SHOWS or will my parents still be able to keep the cabin they booked, even if it will only technically have 2 guests, rather than 3? Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the message boards!

Royal doesn't care if you pay for someone and they no show.

2 hours ago, AndreaBeaton said:

the price for 2 people is much higher than for 3

Is it the exact same room category? It sounds like when you change to 3 people, it's giving you a different room type that can accommodate 3 people instead of 2.

I don't think it will matter in this scenario, but I have heard of rooms for 5 or more can be a problem if you book them and then no show with less.

I would work with a good travel agent before you book to ensure you're not missing anything.

I would also add that the third person you reserve for that room should be a different individual than the child who will be spending part of the week at Mom & Dad's and part at Grandma & Grandpa's.