Rock Climbing Wall Footwear

I am surprised that I don't know the answer to this already, and DID try 3-4 searches before posting...but do they provide footwear for the rock climbing walls, or do you use your own?  My son did it a few cruises ago, but we skipped it on the last couple, and I honestly can't remember!  If they do, great!  If they don't does anyone have any recommendations for what works best?  Regular sneakers?  Water shoes?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Last week on Harmony of the Seas, they provided footwear and you do not use your own.  I'd assume that is a standard practice across the fleet.  If you had to use your own footwear, I'd think sneakers are the best option and water shoes would be worst option.

Just now, Peter D said:

Last week on Harmony of the Seas, they provide footwear and you do not use your own.  I'd assume that is a standard practice across the fleet.  If you had to use your own footwear, I'd think sneakers are the best option and water shoes would be worst option.

Thanks that's very helpful! I have pictures of my youngest son climbing from 4-5 years ago, but just couldn't remember what he used for footwear!

A sturdy sole. Most tennis shoes will do.

Of course if you are serious about rock/wall climbing, there are specialized shoes to purchase starting at about $50 on up to $200 or more. 

If this is just a casual thing for the cruise, a good pair of tennis shoes will work.