UDP and Izumi

3 hours ago, DZ_Da_Dude said:

So I am getting conflicting information regarding the UDP and Izumi restaurant. How does the package work here? Do you order off the teppanyaki menu section or do you use the a la carte option and order sushi rolls?

There's two different IZUMI restaurants found on Royal Caribbean, IZUMI Sushi and IZUMI Hibachi. The UDP at sushi will either cover the prix fixe menu or provide $39.99 worth of a la carte credit. At IZUMI Hibachi you get to choose 1 of their menu selections, premium selections are included, but there's an additional $15 cover charged to your ship account for the visit to Hibachi. Sushi at hibachi would be an additional charge.

Edit: And on the rare ship (only Icon at the moment, Utopia this summer) with IZUMI in the Park, there's a once a day $10 credit with the UDP to use at the carryout window.

27 minutes ago, Rackham said:

And on the rare ship (only Icon at the moment, Utopia this summer) with IZUMI in the Park, there's a once a day $10 credit with the UDP to use at the carryout window.

This is so cheezy and cheap.  I hope they change this policy.  Very low rent.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is so cheezy and cheap.  I hope they change this policy.  Very low rent.

It's probably has to do with the carry out window concept and menu pricing. Royal doesn't want people sharing so they've set the credit value at the cost of one bento box.

The menu for reference: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/styles/desktop_1x/public/2024-01/Izumi-in-the-park-menu.jpg.webp?itok=1uST2-Nx

To me, it would've made more sense to have IZUMI in the Park included under the $20 credit value restaurants and increase the cost of a sushi tray to $12. Therefore people with the UDP could get a combination of sushi plus a hot choice or desert. It seems less cheap, but none of these items look expensive to make, and the slight increase in sushi pricing isn't bad when comparing to prices at the full service restaurant.