Not cruise related - need help with info for Orlando trip April 2025

FOB

Hi - feel free to kill this if it’s not allowed but I thought this group probably has lots of useful info

April 2025 the DH and I are doing a “tour round North America and cruise home to Europe” trip

as part of that we will be flying from Houston to Orlando so we can do Kennedy Space Centre for a full day ( would only have about 3 hours if done as part of our July 24 cruise).  We are planning on doing 3 nights in Orlando / Canaveral area before flying up to Washington

Any help on transportation ideas would be very gratefully received -FYI I have a driving licence and have driven in Florida before, DH does not drive

Also suggestions for where would be best place to get a hotel would be useful as wel

we are happy not to do theme parks, but a visit to Disney village might be useful for souvenirs 

Thanks for all your help

If you don't want to rent a car, I like We Drive you Fly for transportation.  They are former cast members that started the service after being laid off during COVID.  Disney Springs (formerly known as Disney Village many years ago - thanks for bringing back memories!) has so many amazing restaurants, definitely check them out!  You can even park at Disney Springs then take a bus to the Polynesian or one of the other monorail resorts and just hang out and walk around/do a monorail tour of them.  There is so much to do on Disney property without ever going to the parks.  I do Disney often, and haven't had park tickets lately.