Sydney Canada new port for us

While we are very sad we can't stop in Bar Harbor anymore and it looks like we never will we are excited to be going to a new port for us, Sydney Canada. We have a haunted Sydney historical walking tour just because we LOVE spooky stuff. It sounds like fun. We are looking at the Sydney History, color and culture excursion but haven't booked it just yet. In between those excursions we are gonna have lunch somewhere as we like to have a local lunch in most ports we visit. We are looking at Flavor on the water which looks really cool. I know there is a place right there at the pier I think Portside Beer garden but it'll probably be very busy and it we want a sit down inside kinda restaurant. 

So that is kinda our plan but any advice or suggestions would be great for those that have been there.

The area around the port is really walk-able and very little vehicle traffic so I wouldn't be too hung up on making exact plans but be open to calling an audible as far as eating establishments go.  All the little house museums near the port are interesting and don't take up much time but give a good insight into the history of the area.  There are several pubs that are nice and one we went to had a fiddle player playing traditional Scottish music which was really cool.  There's also a nice little cidery close by.

Basically I was very surprised at how much I liked this port.  It's a great one to not really have a set plan but just kind of wander around until you find something that seems interesting to do/see/eat.  We were supposed to do a tour of Fort Louisborg, but it was cancelled last minute, hence our need to just wander around that day.  In fact, besides Bar Harbor, I think this was my favorite port stop.

I was on this exact same cruise as @Matt and agree with most everything he says.  I know he doesn't specifically call out Sydney, but it's a good indication of what to expect from a fall New England cruise.  Let's just say I enjoyed it so much, I booked it again this year (minus the Bar Harbor stop of course 😞 )
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/30/first-new-england-cruise-what-surprised-me

4 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

I was on this exact same cruise as @Matt and agree with most everything he says.  I know he doesn't specifically call out Sydney, but it's a good indication of what to expect from a fall New England cruise.  Let's just say I enjoyed it so much, I booked it again this year (minus the Bar Harbor stop of course 😞 )
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/30/first-new-england-cruise-what-surprised-me

10 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

The area around the port is really walk-able and very little vehicle traffic so I wouldn't be too hung up on making exact plans but be open to calling an audible as far as eating establishments go.  All the little house museums near the port are interesting and don't take up much time but give a good insight into the history of the area.  There are several pubs that are nice and one we went to had a fiddle player playing traditional Scottish music which was really cool.  There's also a nice little cidery close by.

Basically I was very surprised at how much I liked this port.  It's a great one to not really have a set plan but just kind of wander around until you find something that seems interesting to do/see/eat.  We were supposed to do a tour of Fort Louisborg, but it was cancelled last minute, hence our need to just wander around that day.  In fact, besides Bar Harbor, I think this was my favorite port stop.

Well thank you very much. That is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for! Maybe we'll just do the first excursion and then walk around the town to these museums. I love that idea, love that idea. Thank you very much for those suggestions.