Wi-Fi

Marvin

Can anyone tell me how good the Wi-Fi is aboard these ships. We're going on the Liberty of the Seas on the Holiday cruise on Dec 24 to Jan 31. Just trying to find out how good the streaming is. We're big Eagles fans, and they're playing on Christmas evening, and we're hoping to watch it.  

I think you'll find that 'your experience may differ to that advertised'.... By in large I have had a really good experience with Voom. It is fair to say that there are times when it was average (unable to watch streamed video but fine for facebook etc) but most of the time it was pretty good. I imagine that depending where the ship is compared to satellites , how many people are using it at any given time and of course the signal strength where you are all on the ship will have an impact on performance.

From a technical point of view having done a little large site networking in the past creating a wireless network for 5,000 users probably averaging around 2 devices (though I guess limited by cost to maybe an average of 1 device each) on a moving platform made of thick steel in the middle of the ocean with no land based communication systems is very very impressive.