Travel from Cape Liberty cruise port

Hi

I'm looking at options for when we disembark from our cruise at cape liberty cruise port.  Our flight from JFK is not until 9pm & we will have 4 x suitcases with me.  I am looking at either a tour (RC's own tour will leave us at the airport too early), or hiring a car.  The car hire option seems like hard work though as it appears we will have to get a cab to one of them.  Are there any other options for getting out of the port with luggage? or where to leave luggage in the area for the day?

Thanks Matt.  We had considered both options already, but I wasnt aware that there was a website showing all day pass hotels, so thanks for that.  It appears like you can only book 3 months in advance though so we will have to wait a while.

I actually used dayuse for the first time a couple weeks ago in Miami and it went very well (thanks @Matt).  I booked a week in advance and had several options.

Everything was in order at check-in and I was also recognized by the hotel with my hotel status even though I didn't provide that info to day use...unexpected benefit.  Just make sure that you read the amenities details for the properties you are considering.  Some may unavailable or closed like the pool or fitness center or airport shuttle.