Adding Someone To The Cruise

does anyone know when you can add someone to your room?  we had 4 going, 2 to each room but 1 backed out, so we added another and then they backed out, can we still add another person without paying.  we already have the rooms obviously but was wandering if we can add another person this late.

8 minutes ago, Cory said:

does anyone know when you can add someone to your room?  we had 4 going, 2 to each room but 1 backed out, so we added another and then they backed out, can we still add another person without paying.  we already have the rooms obviously but was wandering if we can add another person this late.

I think it depends on 2 things - 1, there is a window of time (I think 3 days prior, but don't quote me on that) at which changes cannot be made, and 2, as long as the primary person in the room stays the same, it is ok. Never done it myself, this is based on others' stories.

Bottom line….there is no limit to the number of changes you can make on a booking as long as (1) at least one of the original persons on the booking remains on the booking and (2) the sailing has not been closed out, as @MaryCS62 referred to, above.  If you change the number of people on a booking, it is subject to repricing at current levels but as long as you started with 2 people and end with 2 people and both of the conditions above are met, you can change names.

Having said all of this, I will mention that there was a situation discussed on CC recently where the only original name on the booking was going to be a no-show at the terminal, with the other 2 remaining pax being “new” to the reservation.  I thought for sure that this would be a no-no, but a well-respected TA that I know and trust said that even if the last original name on the booking is a no-show, it would be ok….who knows how that story turned out.  I sure wouldn’t want to try that one….