Jump to content
locoop

Best Ruins near Costa Maya with kids

Recommended Posts

My husband and I are taking our 7 year old on a spring break cruise this March on the Navigator of the Seas.  This is my first cruise in 10 years (the other one was on the Enchantment of the Seas back in 2007) and my first time cruising with my son.  I wanted to get some advice on shore excursions for our stop in Costa Maya.  I want to take him to see some ruins and remember Tulum being fantastic the last time I visited.  It doesn't seem like Tulum is offered anymore, and I want to branch off and explore non ship sponsored excursions.  

I've heard good things about Native Choice tours and wanted to see if anyone had any advice that would help me choose between visiting Dzibanche, Chacchoben, and Kohunlich.  Are there other good tour companies?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, locoop said:

My husband and I are taking our 7 year old on a spring break cruise this March on the Navigator of the Seas.  This is my first cruise in 10 years (the other one was on the Enchantment of the Seas back in 2007) and my first time cruising with my son.  I wanted to get some advice on shore excursions for our stop in Costa Maya.  I want to take him to see some ruins and remember Tulum being fantastic the last time I visited.  It doesn't seem like Tulum is offered anymore, and I want to branch off and explore non ship sponsored excursions.  

I've heard good things about Native Choice tours and wanted to see if anyone had any advice that would help me choose between visiting Dzibanche, Chacchoben, and Kohunlich.  Are there other good tour companies?  

Tulum is still offered, but only out of Cozumel. The ruins accessible from Costa Maya are quite nice, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Native Choice is the way to go.  The tour thru RC costs $94.   The same tour thru Native Choice costs $55.  We are doing the Extreme Chacchoben tour for $80 thru Native choice on our cruise on Rhapsody in February.  That tour includes lunch and beverages and swimming in a lagoon.  A $15 p.p. deposit is all that"s required.  Check out the reviews on Trip Adviser.   If you are stopping in Cozumel we would highly recommend Mr Sancho"s. It is an all inclusive  beach club. cost is $55 per adult.  Beach,food,beverages all inclusive.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Native Choice is the way to go.  The tour thru RC costs $94.   The same tour thru Native Choice costs $55.  We are doing the Extreme Chacchoben tour for $80 thru Native choice on our cruise on Rhapsody in February.  That tour includes lunch and beverages and swimming in a lagoon.  A $15 p.p. deposit is all that"s required.  Check out the reviews on Trip Adviser.   If you are stopping in Cozumel we would highly recommend Mr Sancho"s. It is an all inclusive  beach club. cost is $55 per adult.  Beach,food,beverages all inclusive.    

Thanks!  I was looking at the exact same excursion, so I was on the right track.  I think we will definitely go with Native Choice.  We are stopping in Cozumel as well and are aiming or a relaxing beach day.  After reading through this board I reserved at Nachi Cocom because it seemed like it would be less crowded, and we'd always have the option of walking down the beach to use the aquatic park at Mr. Sancho's if our son gets bored.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to look up native choice.   We will be in Costa Maya and my husband will be doing chacchoben.  When i went we did the rc tour because we were first timers and panicked about getting back to the ship.   Does native choice run on time and not too tight to get back?   My husband wouldn't do wrk with that!   Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, locoop said:

Thanks!  I was looking at the exact same excursion, so I was on the right track.  I think we will definitely go with Native Choice.  We are stopping in Cozumel as well and are aiming or a relaxing beach day.  After reading through this board I reserved at Nachi Cocom because it seemed like it would be less crowded, and we'd always have the option of walking down the beach to use the aquatic park at Mr. Sancho's if our son gets bored.  

I have nachi booked for the first time in March as well.  Heard such positives here that I can't wait to try it!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 11:16 PM, mom2mybugs said:

I will have to look up native choice.   We will be in Costa Maya and my husband will be doing chacchoben.  When i went we did the rc tour because we were first timers and panicked about getting back to the ship.   Does native choice run on time and not too tight to get back?   My husband wouldn't do wrk with that!   Jane

When I used them I still had a few hours to kick back in town and relax before heading back to the pier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...