Magens Bay Excursion Saint Thomas

My family and I are cruising for the first time altogether, I've cruised a lot in the past and I want to bring them to Magens Bay. Should I book an excursion to Magens Bay through Royal? should I book an excursion that comes with other attractions like the Skyride and the Pirate Museum? or should I just grab a taxi in port to go to Magens Bay on our own?

20 hours ago, Jayalekznder said:

My family and I are cruising for the first time altogether, I've cruised a lot in the past and I want to bring them to Magens Bay. Should I book an excursion to Magens Bay through Royal? should I book an excursion that comes with other attractions like the Skyride and the Pirate Museum? or should I just grab a taxi in port to go to Magens Bay on our own?

Depends on what you want. I personally wouldn't mix beach time other locations. Wet clothes, sand, sunscreen, etc. Do you want some down time swimming enjoying the water/view etc?

Can't comment on pirate museum, never done it. Have on other island's and never is anything special.

Have done the sky ride. It's a fun way to kill a half hour.

You can taxi to beach and back. It's $15 or $18 per person each way. depending on what port your ship is docked at. Plus (I think??) $7 entry to beach, was $5 but thought it went up. 99 out of 100 times this still turns out cheaper in total than Royals excursion. Or pay the $65 ish pp and do via Royal.

For me after 3 or 4 hours at a beach I want dry clothes and sand out of my places. LOL. So I don't mix the 2. 

Just my two cents.