What to do in Victoria, British Columbia

twiechman

I will be going on a cruise on September22 we will be stopping one day in Victoria Bristish Columbia. I did not like the tours that Rccl offed does any of my cruise friends have any suggestions on what to do in that port? 

Thanks Todd W.

We've been there several times on cruises.  Victoria is beautiful and very walkable.  We enjoy just walking into downtown and enjoying looking at the architecture, and having some lunch or dinner and a drink.  There are often very entertaining street performers.  There are several small, interesting museums.  It may depend on what time you are in port and how long you stay.  

Butchart Gardens is very popular, and I understand spectacular.  We enjoy the downtown so much that we've never ventured up there, though.  Last time we took a whale-watching tour.  We didn't see any whales, but the islands up there are beautiful and it was a great boat ride anyway.

I agree with @SpeedNoodles. Downtown Victoria is very walkable and very safe. You can duck into any number of establishments for a bite or drink. Or you can easily just wander around and take in the surroundings. We were there for only a few hours this last summer as a port stop. My wife loved it so much that she had me book a mini vacation there next month for a few days.