Jewel of the Seas - November 18, 2024 - So. Caribbean

beer12

So, we booked this cruise onboard Voyager for 1015pp for an gty inside cabin.  Later I saw it for 985pp and RCL repriced, lowering our cost by about $120.  Now, it's online at 955pp.  So I contacted them again.  They said the total cost would be higher after a reprice.   ?   So, I ran a full quote online and they were right!  RCL lowered the rack rate by $30pp, but raised the taxes/fees & gratuities.  In the end, the "lower" room rate would've cost another $200!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, if it hasn't become obvious at this point, I'm one cheap ass bastard.  I have our cruises on a watch list, which I update every time I'm at the computer.  Today, the price on our cruise dropped by $271.  You know I'm already on the line with RCCL to get my price adjusted.  Wish me luck.  I'll post updates.

For transparency, we booked an inside guarantee originally at $1014pp.  It's been repriced once to $985pp.  The current pricing (3/15/24) is $864pp.  I don't know what other categories are doing ... we always sail steerage.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:39 AM, beer12 said:

So, if it hasn't become obvious at this point, I'm one cheap ass bastard.  I have our cruises on a watch list, which I update every time I'm at the computer.  Today, the price on our cruise dropped by $271.  You know I'm already on the line with RCCL to get my price adjusted.  Wish me luck.  I'll post updates.

For transparency, we booked an inside guarantee originally at $1014pp.  It's been repriced once to $985pp.  The current pricing (3/15/24) is $864pp.  I don't know what other categories are doing ... we always sail steerage.

I had sent emails last night, but I called this morning and Jorge was kind enough to lower our price.  Saved $278!  We booked this cruise onboard VoyagerOTS last August, and that seemed to make the whole process a little difficult for poor Jorge, but he endeavored to persevere and was ultimately successful.

Edit:  I found I can post screen shots!

image.thumb.png.cd4705078857fe228c33001fd4ca065f.png

My wife and I sailed on Allure last June and booked this sailing at NextCruise while underway... 531 days out. Needless to say, we've been looking forward to this for a while. 🤣

We are sorta newbies, but have really enjoyed the handful of cruises we have done. My favorite ship (so far) has been Serenade for our anniversary last year and that has made me even more excited for Jewel. 

Looking forward to sharing a great 11 days with all y'all!   Cheers!!

/clayton 

12 hours ago, KapHn8d said:

My wife and I sailed on Allure last June and booked this sailing at NextCruise while underway... 531 days out. Needless to say, we've been looking forward to this for a while. 🤣

We are sorta newbies, but have really enjoyed the handful of cruises we have done. My favorite ship (so far) has been Serenade for our anniversary last year and that has made me even more excited for Jewel. 

Looking forward to sharing a great 11 days with all y'all!   Cheers!!

/clayton 

I was on allure last june... but only booked this a few weeks ago.

I have repriced 2x also!  Got inside assigned cabin for $845.

I got the key for $4 more then vroom and with tender port am happy with that. 

Got UBP for 66.99 and have been told some have it for under 55, so still checking that. 

3 new ports for me... any suggestions? 

Also Facebook group has lots more going on... these have been dead recently...

2 hours ago, pat8635 said:

Got UBP for 66.99 and have been told some have it for under 55, so still checking that. 

We purchased UBP and UDP back on Black Friday (I think) when RCL had them discounted at 40% and 45% off respectively. That worked out to $53.99/day. I don't think I've ever seen it discounted past 35% other that one time... just verifying the rumors are true. Rare, but true. 

On 3/20/2024 at 6:24 AM, pat8635 said:

Also Facebook group has lots more going on... these have been dead recently...

When we first cruised in 2004, the CC boards would have hundreds of participants.  I've been back on these boards for the past year or two and was surprised how few people actually show up.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:24 AM, pat8635 said:

I have repriced 2x also!  Got inside assigned cabin for $845.

We got our inside GTY repriced to $846.  Still following on my watchlist!  It's $1147 today:

image.thumb.png.19b07a0a65fe594ebed5455ad89bfbad.png

The Jewel is also sailing to Cayman and Jamaica in Feb for $706:

image.thumb.png.5e9c61947eea25c906e96ca5518281f9.png

21 hours ago, beer12 said:

We got our inside GTY repriced to $846.  Still following on my watchlist!  It's $1147 today:

image.thumb.png.19b07a0a65fe594ebed5455ad89bfbad.png

The Jewel is also sailing to Cayman and Jamaica in Feb for $706:

image.thumb.png.5e9c61947eea25c906e96ca5518281f9.png

I got 11 night interior reserved rm for under 800, but with RCI math you have to  learn to book all the way through till they want your credit card and then figure out what it really was.  Their fees are very inconsistent!  

On 3/28/2024 at 11:37 AM, pat8635 said:

I got 11 night interior reserved rm for under 800, but with RCI math you have to  learn to book all the way through till they want your credit card and then figure out what it really was.  Their fees are very inconsistent!  

You're right about that.  RCL tells you that taxes and fees are set when the cruise is announced, but I've seen a cabin price drop but the overall cruise cost increase.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 4:40 PM, beer12 said:

What's the benefit of the Key?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

From RCL's website:

The Key Guests will enjoy the following exclusive benefits during their cruise vacation:

• Priority access during The Key designated arrival time (to be communicated via email). Other benefits may apply at specific ports.*
  • Carry-on bag drop off with delivery to your stateroom. **
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring The Key signature menu.***
  • Access to the fast lane at onboard activities (activities vary by ship)and private time at the Flowrider*.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Dedicated seating at shows in the Main Theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B, and Two70.****
  • VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 of Device high speed internet per person who purchases the package.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive á la carte breakfast and choice departure.

On 4/22/2024 at 12:11 PM, KapHn8d said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

From RCL's website:

The Key Guests will enjoy the following exclusive benefits during their cruise vacation:

• Priority access during The Key designated arrival time (to be communicated via email). Other benefits may apply at specific ports.*
  • Carry-on bag drop off with delivery to your stateroom. **
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring The Key signature menu.***
  • Access to the fast lane at onboard activities (activities vary by ship)and private time at the Flowrider*.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Dedicated seating at shows in the Main Theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B, and Two70.****
  • VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 of Device high speed internet per person who purchases the package.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive á la carte breakfast and choice departure.

Yeah, I saw that ... still don't get it.

Reprice tip is on the spot.  We've repriced twice so far ... out cost for an inside gty now is $845pp.  Plus we've bought the certificates from AARP at a 10% discount.  One of those was purchased with a new credit card that gave us a $300 bonus for opening the account!  This is working out to be dirt cheap!   We're sailing to Alaska in a week and it's at the "too cheap not to go" price, too!

So, I didn't screen shot the watchlist (I was too busy booking a room at the new prices,) but outside GTY cabins were listed at $836pp with $150 onboard credit.  I have an inside GTY at $845 with no onboard credit.  Gratuities increased by 2 bucks pp/pd after Jan 1, which isn't a big deal.  I'm on the phone with RCI right now trying to get them to match the deals.  My cost will increase by $38, but I'll move across the hall and have a buck fifty to spend onboard.  Overall, it's a win.

Strangely, when next updated my watchlist, balcs and suites were sold out, and inside/outside cabins were $3000 & $3200!

You know I want my deal on hold!

More to follow ....

1 hour ago, beer12 said:

So, I didn't screen shot the watchlist (I was too busy booking a room at the new prices,) but outside GTY cabins were listed at $836pp with $150 onboard credit.  I have an inside GTY at $845 with no onboard credit.  Gratuities increased by 2 bucks pp/pd after Jan 1, which isn't a big deal.  I'm on the phone with RCI right now trying to get them to match the deals.  My cost will increase by $38, but I'll move across the hall and have a buck fifty to spend onboard.  Overall, it's a win.

Strangely, when next updated my watchlist, balcs and suites were sold out, and inside/outside cabins were $3000 & $3200!

You know I want my deal on hold!

More to follow ....

So, Ben at RCI was great.  We got the lower rack rate ($836) for a move from inside to outside, and $150 in onboard credit.

I had this vague recollection of an onboard credit when we booked on Voyager OTS in August, but hadn't seen it anywhere in the paperwork.  Well, I guess it showed up, too, because we now have a total of $250 onboard!  FTW!