MDR 2 Person Table Location

kdlyn333

Hi Everyone! I'll be cruising on Oasis in Jan and currently have My Time Dining scheduled, with reservations made for ~7pm each night. I was wondering what would be the best way to get one of the more "private" 2-person tables in the MDR? By this I am simply referring to one of the tables not in one of the rows where there are other tables approximately 2 inches away on either side. Those seem to be quite common for the 2-person tables. 

Is there a specific table location that should/could be requested? Can this be done by heading to the MDR on Day 1/prior to the cruise/or simply when checking in each night for MTD? We're completely flexible waiting for a table and/or changing our dining time around, just aren't quite sure what to ask for or if this is a possible request. Thanks!

Agree with @SpeedNoodles.  Do a walk-about, find a table (and an alternate) that you want and ask if you can be seated at that table every night.  They will, undoubtedly, tell you that they cannot promise that you will be seated at the same table every night as MTD is designed (these days) to "fill in" around the fixed diners,  but it has been my experience that they try REALLY hard to make it happen.  That's about the best you can do as MTD is not a "fixed" table the way that the traditional fixed dining is.  The fact that you are doing MDR every night is an advantage to you for this kind of request.  We usually only visit the MDR once or twice during a cruise so I never ask for a specific table since I will not be using it every night. I agree with you though....those 2-tops that are mere inches apart are awful.  I HATE them...but I've tamed my inner-Karen to not overreact when we get one b/c it's just dinner....it is over before you know it.  I have learned to manage.