Flights out of Venice

As a Canadian what is the earliest flight out of Venice you would book knowing that it is a long drive from the port to the airport. The latest flight out I can get is at 12:50pm. Should I stay another day in Venice and fly out the day after the cruise ends? I would love not to do this as it is the September long weekend and I will be get lagged and have to be back at work (I am a teacher) on the Tuesday. 

I'm guessing that you're actually sailing out of Ravenna? If so, Bologna is a closer airport - maybe an hour away from the port. We did a Greek Isle cruise that sailed out of Ravenna back in May. We flew into Venice to spend a couple of days there before the cruise and then we flew back home from Bologna. The flights were actually cheaper than flying roundtrip to/from Venice. Happy travels!

I booked the 12:50pm return flight to Canada from Venice (I think we're on the same flight of Venice-Montreal?), and called RCCL and they told me that I would be ok and it isn't too early using the RCCL shuttle from Ravenna to Venice. I guess they will book us on the first shuttle, will coordinate once I'm on board.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:11 PM, Kelseylovestocruise said:

As a Canadian what is the earliest flight out of Venice you would book knowing that it is a long drive from the port to the airport. 

Your citizenship doesn't really matter...what matters is where your flight is going. Is it within Schengen where it's just security? Is it outside Schengen where you have to clear Schengen immigration on the way out in addition to security? Is it a nonstop to the US where there would be additional security on top of those things? There's not really a one-size-fits-all answer. I would say 12:50pm would probably be okay in all three of those scenarios, but there's always a chance of delays getting in to Venice and/or getting off of the ship. 

1 hour ago, cdngirl said:

I booked the 12:50pm return flight to Canada from Venice (I think we're on the same flight of Venice-Montreal?), and called RCCL and they told me that I would be ok and it isn't too early using the RCCL shuttle from Ravenna to Venice. I guess they will book us on the first shuttle, will coordinate once I'm on board.

Yes this is the flight! I continue on to Winnipeg afterwards! I’m doing a b2b and this is the second leg of it! 

6 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

Your citizenship doesn't really matter...what matters is where your flight is going. Is it within Schengen where it's just security? Is it outside Schengen where you have to clear Schengen immigration on the way out in addition to security? Is it a nonstop to the US where there would be additional security on top of those things? There's not really a one-size-fits-all answer. I would say 12:50pm would probably be okay in all three of those scenarios, but there's always a chance of delays getting in to Venice and/or getting off of the ship. 

I understand the chances of delays. flight to Canada.