Dragons Tail Free Passenger

finstada

I am looking to purchase a ticket for Dragons Tail for my fourteen year old daughter. The description says she needs a guardian to ride along with her since she is under 16. It also says if you purchase a ticket, your passenger is free. Am I reading it correctly that I only need to purchase her ticket and I can accompany her without my own ticket? I don't want to get there and have to pay full price for a ticket for me because I misunderstood the policy. Thanks in advance for help with this question!

Hi @finstada... (and @Xaa and/or anyone else who can answer this...)

I also have a 14 year old and didn't realize there might be an age restriction. I'm a little confused by the description.

If my 14 year old WANTS to go in his own car, by himself, is that allowed? We are all planning to do the coaster at the same time. I listed the description below and I'm a little confused about the exact wording. Also, the planner did not give me an age restriction for him when I bought his ticket, which it did when I accidentally clicked for him to drive a Jet Ski. 

so I see that "under 16 must be accompanied"... does this mean they HAVE to ride with someone, or just need to arrive to the ride with a parent, L.G. or adult 18+? And if they are a passenger, I understand that the person they are with must also meet this criteria, but if they don't want to be a passenger and would prefer to drive themselves? That restriction could just mean that my 14 year old and my 17 year old couldn't do it together with no adult guardian nearby.

"Minors must be accompanied... waiver form" - I need to sign a form for my 14 year old, as well as my 17 year old. That one seems fine. 

"Minimum age 12 to drive" - he's 14 so that works, and he also meets the height criteria. 

• Purchase a ticket and you can take a person along in your cart for free!
  • Under 16 years of age must be accompanied by parent, legal guardian or a responsible adult 18 years or older. If participating as a passenger, children between the ages of 5 and 15 may only ride with their parent/guardian or a responsible adult 18 years or older.
  • Total ride time is approximately 3-5 minutes.
  • Maximum Combined Weight 375 lbs per cart.
  • Coaster Staff reserves the right to adjust maximum weight requirements due to current weather conditions at any time before or during the tour.
  • Drivers must have full use of both arms. Ability to operate brakes must be demonstrated successfully to take part.
  • All minors must be accompanied onto the island and have the parent or legal Guardian complete the waiver form.
  • Pregnant guests should not participate.
  • Minimum age 12 to drive. Minimum age to be a passenger 5.
  • Minimum height to ride alone is 54 inches. Minimum height to be a passenger is 38 inches.

You know I can't tell.  I have a 12 and a 20 but we haven't been to Labadee since he turned 12.  It is certainly unclear if the second to last bullet indicates the 12 yo as a driver with an adult passenger or as a single driver with a responsible adult in the area.

I'll be there in 5 weeks and try to figure this one out.  In the mean time, I'm going to throw another BF $11.99 ticket in the cart and if he can drive himself we'll be ready, if not, it's just a second dual rider ride.

Thanks @Xaa. I also found this from Celebrity (if you do a search for this, it says on several sites that ages 5-11 must ride with someone, and minimum age to ride alone is 12). So I'm buying us separate tickets under that assumption while they're having the sale and I also sent a customer service email for clarification. I will also report back if I hear from them before Xaa is at Labadee. 

2023-11-11.png.568fcc03c2002575f6e5d3d536818434.png

• 3 weeks later...