Coaster first? Or zipline first? (Labadee)

jbrinkm

Right now, I have the zipline booked first. I'm wondering if it might be better to try to swap them? Will the coaster feel like a let down after doing the zipline? Is there an advantage to one over the other in terms of lines, crowds, where they are on the island, etc. as to which is better first?

ETA: How much time should I allot for each of these activities? 

Hi @jbrinkm.  I thought of you yesterday as Labadee sees big BF discounts.  Not sure which zip line you're doing, but on my last go we did the zip line first and then the coaster.  The coaster is in no way a let down after the zip line, it's 2 different thrill types.  on the zipline, you're high and on the line, but there are no objects in your potential path.  On the coaster, you feel the speed because of the proximity of approaching corners and the presences of trees etc.  Don't worry in that regard.

Not sure which line you're taking.  I choose Dragon Fire for a couple reasons.  First is that it's a little longer, second is it's superman style and third because it doesn't include a training session on the smaller line and for that reason it runs shorter in time.  I would say 1 hour from check in until you're done on Dragon Fire.  Roller Coaster would be line dependent but the ride itself is just a few minutes.

I've heard that winds often pick up later causing possible cancellations, so my move would be to take the very first DF Zip Line slot (this also essentially ensures you are on schedule), check in, grab one of the lockers there to put your gear up (I would have secured some chairs on Columbus Cove prior to this).  Do the zip line and then head over toward the coaster.  Your time slot on the coaster isn't super meaningful like it is for the zip, so you can just show up at your leisure.  Check in, get your wrist band and then ride.  I really like the coaster.  Then walk around, check things out, get a Labadoozie and when you're ready go back and get your gear from the locker.  Then, you are close to the pier so I walk back up the pier and take the ferry back to CC.

Hi @Bill1964 I'm not actually referring to a specific time.  It's something that I heard about winds picking up and some zip lining having to be cancelled.  It could be just something people say.  By afternoon I'm on the other side of the island so I've never first hand seen zip lining pause.

I will say though, after I heard it, I booked early and really think it's the best way.  It's right there off the pier, no groups ahead of you and you start the day with a little thrill.