Allure of the Seas back to back cruising

Billy P

We are sailing on Allure this Monday(11/13) for a 4 day and then a 3 day. This will be our first back to back. We are Diamond C&A . Interested in feedback for those that have done back to back on this ship as to the process when 4 day comes in. Do we have to disembark or can we stay on the ship? We are booked in the same room. TIA

2 minutes ago, Billy P said:

We are sailing on Allure this Monday(11/13) for a 4 day and then a 3 day. This will be our first back to back. We are Diamond C&A . Interested in feedback for those that have done back to back on this ship as to the process when 4 day comes in. Do we have to disembark or can we stay on the ship? We are booked in the same room. TIA

I believe it has more to do with the port than the ship.

I did the same type of B2B last year on Indy (a 3/4 from PC). We met in a lounge on the last morning of the 1st cruise, hung out for a little while, got checked in for the 2nd cruise by a crew member going around with a tablet, were led off the ship into the terminal for maybe 20 mins to go through customs and got back on.

You should get instructions in your cabin but you may want to stop by guest services when you board to make sure you are on the consecutive cruisers list (you should be automatically).

We recently did two 7-night B2Bs on Allure out of Galveston.  I'm sure, as OCSC Mike says, it depends on the port.  In our case, we did not need to leave the ship.  The consecutive cruisers met in the main dining room at the appointed time and a customs official came onboard and into the dining room, rather than making all of us get off the ship.  WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!  We sat at tables, passports open and ready, and he came to each table to check whatever he needed to check.  It was very smooth and efficient.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, OCSC Mike said:

I believe it has more to do with the port than the ship.

I did the same type of B2B last year on Indy (a 3/4 from PC). We met in a lounge on the last morning of the 1st cruise, hung out for a little while, got checked in for the 2nd cruise by athat sounds easy. crew member going around with a tablet, were led off the ship into the terminal for maybe 20 mins to go through customs and got back on.

You should get instructions in your cabin but you may want to stop by guest services when you board to make sure you are on the consecutive cruisers list (you should be automatically).

Thank You that sounds easy

I guess it depends on the CBP officials as to the protocol. For our B2B on Allure out of Galveston we met in the lounge, checked all our documents but had to walk down the ramp turn around and walk back again. On Liberty, when she was in Galveston, we had to completely disembark, wait in the lounge and get back on. Fortunately we were allowed to be the first back on-board.