7-night Norwegian Fjords Dining Question (2023 / 2024)

FCfree

Has anyone taken this cruise in 2023?  My ports are Stavaanger, Falm, Alesund and Bergen in that order. 

I am taking it in July 2024 and would like to know which nights have which food menus (Mexican, Italian, etc.).  RCL can't tell me until 30 days out, but if I knew how it went in 2023, I would assume it would be the same in 2024.  RCL was able to tell me that the 2 at sea days are the 2 formal nights.  Makes sense.

The reason I ask is that I would like to buy an upgrade to the Chops Grille for my least favorite menu night (probably Mexican).  I would think they would sell more Chops Grille upgrades if they would provide this information at time of booking.  

TIA for any info.

2 hours ago, FCfree said:

Has anyone taken this cruise in 2023?  My ports are Stavaanger, Falm, Alesund and Bergen in that order. 

I am taking it in July 2024 and would like to know which nights have which food menus (Mexican, Italian, etc.).  RCL can't tell me until 30 days out, but if I knew how it went in 2023, I would assume it would be the same in 2024.  RCL was able to tell me that the 2 at sea days are the 2 formal nights.  Makes sense.

The reason I ask is that I would like to buy an upgrade to the Chops Grille for my least favorite menu night (probably Mexican).  I would think they would sell more Chops Grille upgrades if they would provide this information at time of booking.  

TIA for any info.

I just answered your post over on CC but here's my reply again; not sure which you'll see first.

I did a 7-night Norwegian fjords cruise this past July, not the same itinerary as yours, but I would expect the dining to be similar and I can tell you that we definitely did not have the Mexican menu on that cruise.

I can't remember the exact order but we had Welcome Aboard, France, Caribbean, UK, Italian, Royal and Bon Voyage.

If you're wanting to take advantage of the current sale prices for dining perhaps you could consider just booking any day from day 3 onwards and then when you get on board try to change it (or cancel) if necessary. I say from day 3 onwards because you can pretty much put money on day one being Welcome Aboard and day 2 being France.

Hope this helps.

We did that sailing (slightly different ports) in September and I do not remember a Mexican night.  The menus are slightly different on the European sailings, as they cater to a different crowd.  There were only 800 American aboard our Anthem sailing, and 2600 from the UK. I thought I had kept my compasses but I can't place them at the moment. I remember more of a Mediterranean theme each evening, with one Caribbean thrown in.  

Matt did that sailing over the summer, here is his Compasses: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sun-09032023-0000