Amiga Island vs. Island Escape (Labadee, Haiti)

bsjelin

From the description, Amiga Island represents itself as being "scenic" which is probably nothing n practice.  It also includes a complimentary Amiga Cocktail that the other one does not as you note.  I think your decision comes down to if you want the cocktail or not.

3 hours ago, Xaa said:

From the description, Amiga Island represents itself as being "scenic" which is probably nothing n practice.  It also includes a complimentary Amiga Cocktail that the other one does not as you note.  I think your decision comes down to if you want the cocktail or not.

So the drink makes it strenuous… and no drink is mild 🤔🤣

I literally noticed this earlier today! It does make me wonder if they're overbooking what's supposed to be a relatively small group excursion.

My group has the "Island Escape" one booked, so I looked into it a bit previously. I think it's listed as "strenuous" because there's not a dock on the island, you have to walk through water/over sand as you disembark the boat. Which means it's not a good option for people with limited mobility. But outside of that, it's a beach, so it really is mild.

1 hour ago, Elania said:

does make me wonder if they're overbooking what's supposed to be a relatively small group excursion.

What makes you think it’s supposed to be a relatively small group excursion?

Excursions booked through RC are rarely small groups (you have no choice on Labadee of course).

On 10/17/2023 at 8:33 PM, OCSC Mike said:

What makes you think it’s supposed to be a relatively small group excursion?

There's nothing explicitly stated in the description, so I could easily be wrong. But looking outside of the app/planner and into reviews, YouTube, etc. gave me that impression. The island isn't that big to begin with, I saw one estimate that it took about 10 minutes to walk the entire thing. I guess it also depends on your definition of "relatively small group". One review (admittedly from a year ago) estimates that there were only about 30 people there at the same time as them. And another review estimated that there were about 25 people on the boat with them. But I guess the only true size limitation is how many people fit in the boat to get there, how many boats they're running, and how many trips the boat(s) make(s).