Cruising with birth certificate

Ja2012

So I’m in a bit of a panic. My wife and I both have passports but our two (under 16) boys will only have birth certificates for the cruise. Both passports and both boys certificate display our last name.. except for my wife’s maiden name is used on the birth certificates, actually the certificates call for the maiden name only. Does anyone think this will be an issue?

This is cross posted on another site and it was suggested to bring marriage license and my wife’s birth certificate but the only problem is we moved out of state and the marriage license was destroyed. With 3 weeks left to cruise it will be tight to order the license. 

I'm trying to understand this help me out.

Let's say your name is Ja Smith and your wife's birth name was Suzy Jones and your child's first name is Tom.  Are you saying their birth certificate says their name is Tom Jones?  I've never heard of a BC not having the child's last name and if your children's last name on their BC is your wife's maiden name, I think that's your children's names.  I know I must be missing something here.

3 weeks is plenty of time to get a marriage license copy.  Hustle up if you think that will help you. 

37 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I'm trying to understand this help me out.

Let's say your name is Ja Smith and your wife's birth name was Suzy Jones and your child's first name is Tom.  Are you saying their birth certificate says their name is Tom Jones?  I've never heard of a BC not having the child's last name and if your children's last name on their BC is your wife's maiden name, I think that's your children's names.  I know I must be missing something here.

3 weeks is plenty of time to get a marriage license copy.  Hustle up if you think that will help you. 

The mothers name on my boys birth certificate uses her maiden name which is different than what’s on her passport. 

Both boys, their mother, and myself all have the same last name. 

I called RC and I was told it’s a none issue but I don’t trust them lol. 

For peace of mind I’m ordering a license hopefully it’s not held up. 

It should not be an issue as you are there and their last name and yours is the same. They will be looking for their last and first name and you for the same last name. With your wife's last name on her passport the same as yours and theirs it will be seen as one family unit.

On 9/9/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ja2012 said:

The mothers name on my boys birth certificate uses her maiden name which is different than what’s on her passport. 

Both boys, their mother, and myself all have the same last name. 

I called RC and I was told it’s a none issue but I don’t trust them lol. 

For peace of mind I’m ordering a license hopefully it’s not held up. 

I assume your name is on your kid's birth certificates?  If so, the issue that you think may be a problem is that there is nothing linking your wife's maiden name to the kids' last name?  I would think that's the case for most families.  I think it is common for birth certificates to list maiden names for mothers to better track genealogy. 

...OR...

Your name (Jacob Smith) isn't on the birth certificate for your kids (John Smith and Jane Smith) and the only parent on the birth certificate is your wife and it shows Amy Jones?  You're worried that they may not believe they are your kids?

14 hours ago, PL8SWPR said:

I assume your name is on your kid's birth certificates?  If so, the issue that you think may be a problem is that there is nothing linking your wife's maiden name to the kids' last name?  I would think that's the case for most families.  I think it is common for birth certificates to list maiden names for mothers to better track genealogy. 

...OR...

Your name (Jacob Smith) isn't on the birth certificate for your kids (John Smith and Jane Smith) and the only parent on the birth certificate is your wife and it shows Amy Jones?  You're worried that they may not believe they are your kids?

Your first scenario, I am listed on each BC. I’m starting to think that way too. Thank you!