xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas 25th Feb - 3rd March 2024

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 9:13 PM, Nathan1260 said:

Me and my partner are also on this cruise from the UK, both first timers to cruising also.

Any tips that picked up from your first time round on oasis? 

Hey Nathan,

I guess, one thing (depending on whether or not you guys drink) would be to keep an eye out for a good deal on the Deluxe Beverage Package. In line with the advice of Matt on here and from past experience, book at a price you're comfortable with and then keep an eye out for a better price all the way up to the cruise date. We locked in just recently at €87pp per day but I'm hoping to find it at around €80pp, may not happen though. 

Keep an eye out for the ability to book the Aqua Theatre Show in the app prior to cruising...it may not be released pre cruise so literally as soon as you're on board the ship, connect to the ships free WiFi and book all your shows. They sell out in minutes, particularly the Aqua show and also the comedy show.

Be aware of the fact that you can head straight to the pools and bars once on board so bring bathing suits/shorts in your carry on luggage so you can take full advantage...

The ship is literally unbelievable and is like a city. There is so much to explore, you'll have an absolutely amazing time.

Oh, like the drinks package, keep an eye out for deals on excursions, especially around Black Friday. Last year we got our excursions at 50% off! Also like the drink package, book now if you see one at a price you like and then rebook if you see a better deal. The speedboat/snorkeling trip in Haiti is amazing for the price if you get it for 50% off...

Hopefully we bump into you on board in Feb!! Till then, have fun planning your cruise!

6 hours ago, BootScootBon said:

Can't Wait! My second line-dance cruise w/ Dance with Janet! I did her very first line-dance cruise on this exact ship! Can't wait to see how it looks after the re-do! Yee-Haa!

🤠 🍷🍸🍹👢

Is that like a group booking or is it something that's on the ship?? I can't remember any line dancing but would be cool to see you guys all putting on a show!!

On 9/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Shanethegriff said:

Is that like a group booking or is it something that's on the ship?? I can't remember any line dancing but would be cool to see you guys all putting on a show!!

Hey There! Or is it Ahoy There, LOL! It's group that will be on this Cruise! Dance with Janet; check out the Facebook page! TTYL

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! It is a group booking. We may be doing a pop-up dance on the day we sail, possibly out on the upper deck! Don't know a time yet.

hi! we're a couple w/the line dancing w/janet group & sooo looking forward to boot-scootin' on board!  we're from the day pye & "kickin' it w/carol" associated groups while we were in northern IL, altho we've recently relocated to port charlotte, fl (hurricane ian's ground zero).  anxiously awaiting our fuegos via slow boat from china.  sigh....

On 9/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, Shanethegriff said:

Hey Nathan,

I guess, one thing (depending on whether or not you guys drink) would be to keep an eye out for a good deal on the Deluxe Beverage Package. In line with the advice of Matt on here and from past experience, book at a price you're comfortable with and then keep an eye out for a better price all the way up to the cruise date. We locked in just recently at €87pp per day but I'm hoping to find it at around €80pp, may not happen though. 

Keep an eye out for the ability to book the Aqua Theatre Show in the app prior to cruising...it may not be released pre cruise so literally as soon as you're on board the ship, connect to the ships free WiFi and book all your shows. They sell out in minutes, particularly the Aqua show and also the comedy show.

Be aware of the fact that you can head straight to the pools and bars once on board so bring bathing suits/shorts in your carry on luggage so you can take full advantage...

The ship is literally unbelievable and is like a city. There is so much to explore, you'll have an absolutely amazing time.

Oh, like the drinks package, keep an eye out for deals on excursions, especially around Black Friday. Last year we got our excursions at 50% off! Also like the drink package, book now if you see one at a price you like and then rebook if you see a better deal. The speedboat/snorkeling trip in Haiti is amazing for the price if you get it for 50% off...

Hopefully we bump into you on board in Feb!! Till then, have fun planning your cruise!

shane, don't see any indication of aqua theatre or comedy shows anywhere currently. how'd you find out about it? thx!

22 hours ago, DPrev said:

shane, don't see any indication of aqua theatre or comedy shows anywhere currently. how'd you find out about it? thx!

I don't think it appears until closer the time, maybe around check in...I think there may be a post about it in the main forum...if I see it appear in the app I'll post it here. 

I think the bookings open up on 1st Feb as it says on RC website that they will open on 1st of month before cruise. I checked and they are not open now which only leaves February. 

I also think you might have to log into the website and select Entertainment from the drop down menu in order to book in advance as opposed to using the app...

On 1/6/2024 at 10:11 PM, BootScootBon said:

@ Dprev: is that you, Deb?! If yes, didn't know you guys moved! It will be so awesome cruising with you! January 11th is check in day on the app, so I think that is when you may be able to reserve shows. Ttyl.....

yup, it's us!!  Deb'n'Lou gittin' ready to check in on thurs!!! BUT, already reserved our entertainment shows ... all 4 so far. went w/8pm showings mostly to avoid conflicts w/janet's schedule. 🙂

On 1/4/2024 at 7:17 PM, Shanethegriff said:

Bookings are open now 

On 1/4/2024 at 7:17 PM, Shanethegriff said:

Bookings are open now 

Hey Deb! So cool we are cruising together!! Carolyn K. is my roomie! I didn't know shows were available for booking! Good to know and great idea on the show times! I'll probably tell Carolyn we should do the same! Did you see our wonderful weather up here?! More coming for Friday too. Hey, what deck are you on? We're on Deck 8. I can't not believe it's only 46 days away! 

• 2 weeks later...

carolyn k, too?  kewl!  weather here is nippy enough for the lizards to fall outta the trees. it's weird. hope it's warmed up in time for our trip next month!  we're in a balc on deck 9 with our foresta & deboer buds.  got our fuegos delivered finally, so we'll have the appropriate shoes for those dance events on carpet.  SO excited!! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 4:56 AM, Nathan1260 said:

It seems rooms on GTY basis have been allocated. We’ve been allocated a room at the very front of the ship on a high deck. What are people’s experience with this sort of stateroom placement and motion sickness? 

I don't know about ship location (i prefer as far forward as possible), but regarding motion sickness, i've got the perfect answer!  i've suffered w/incredible motion sickness all my life & finally, back when i was a teenager, a guide in hawaii suggested taking a MECLIZINE tablet BEFORE BED & it lasts for 24 hrs.  my traveling quality of life's been AWESOME ever since! the cheapest way to get it is directly from your pharmacist (off the general shelf as a name brand is pricey) ... mine was less than $5 for 100 chewables (maker's Rugby). check now, because some pharmacies may not have it readily in stock during this cruise season peak!  by taking it at night, it allows the body to adjust in case someone might suffer from side effects like dizziness or drowsiness if taken during the day.  the problem with "the patch" is that after it's been left on for so many days, the person has to leave it off for a certain time & that can potentially make them miserable. we were on a cruise rerouting to avoiding bad weather when a downing cargo ship distress call came thru & we went to rescue the survivors ... the rough seas were pitching waves up on our 6th deck balcony & we were actually able to eat dinner (w/less than 10 others from the entire ship in the dining area ... oh, & the "dinner" was pre-made pizza, so staff didn't have to struggle w/1st world expectations) ... the patch peeps were MISERABLE! hubby's a navy man & even he started to feel green enough to take a tablet (can use up to 4, but even my extreme sickness is controlled w/just 1). i handed out most of my new bottle of 100 tabs during that trip ... felt like santa ... & peeps were raving about how much it helped them.  canNOT recommend this routine enough!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas 25th Feb - 3rd March 2024