Ideas for what to do in Sydney, Nova Scotia?

happy cruisers 2

I'm not too excited about any excursions RC offers in Sydney, Nova Scotia.  In the past we did the Bell Museum, which was interesting.  We're not really all that interested in museums, historic houses, walking with costumed guides, seeing a First Nations community, that sort of thing though.  The music events seem to get some poor reviews.  Depending on the weather, we may find an interesting area to walk, get a coffee or glass of wine and something to eat, explore shops, etc.  Does anyone have suggestions on things you did while in Sydney that you really enjoyed?  

We booked this cruise for next Oct 2024 the minute we saw it. Sydney Nova Scotia is definitely different and sounds fun. We have an excursion booked already. 🤣 it's a spooky walking tour of Sydney Nova Scotia. We are extremely excited to check out this port. We have sailed to Canada/NE many times and plan to go many, many more times so it was fun to see a different port pop up. 

Thanks for the suggestion, deButler.  Someone took care of it.  As for what to do in Sydney and area, I'm thinking we might just spend the time walking the waterfront and maybe stopping at Governor's Pub or a coffee shop.  If anyone has ventured off on your own, near the port, I'd love to hear what you found or did.  Last time we were in Sydney, it was a very rainy day.  Hoping for nicer weather this next time.