Tips for a first timer - Oasis of the Seas Med cruise 2024

As the title says, I'm a first timer on Royal, although I've done 2 previous cruises on other lines, so I'm not totally new. Cruising from Barcelona on the May 12th 2024 sailing, with my best friend - now he IS a brand new cruiser so this will be a new experience for both of us. 

For transparency and in case it affects any answers, I am visually impaired (no peripheral vision past my shoulders, and no real depth perception or night vision - cane user in busy/new places). 

I've watched a lot of the videos on the YouTube channel, but thought I'd come here for some advice. 

So, if you could give a first time Royal cruiser any tips, what would they be? 

Also if anyone has had a Guarantee Ocean View Balcony on Oasis, I'd love to hear what cabin you ended up in, as that's what we've gone for - I was all set for picking our room, but the lure of saving money was too much for my friend...

We just need to book our flights to Barcelona and our pre-cruise hotel, then the big stuff is taken care of, I think?

Oh, and the drinks package, that's an important one for us! 😄 

On 9/4/2023 at 12:57 AM, CynBeth said:

We just did a Med cruise out of Barcelona in July on a different ship. What are your ports and is it round trip back to Barcelona or one way?

It's round trip from Barcelona, and it's going to Palma, Naples, Rome (can never spell that port name...!) and La Spezia. 

On 9/4/2023 at 9:00 PM, ChessE4 said:

Port intensive cruises can wear you down. So we balance long days with short ones to avoid fatigue. That's  my tip.

I definitely found this with my last Med cruise with NCL as there was only one sea day. Hoping 2 sea days and doing some shorter days will help with that. Although, we're in the UK and did a 2 week Disney/Universal trip in October so we're used to intense vacations 😄