Trams\shuttles on Nassau?

ScottD

Are there any shuttles or trams running through the port these days? We are doing the blue lagoon excursion and we read that they drop you off pretty far away from the ships when you take the return ferry, My wife has some mobility issues so now shes concerned about a long walk back to the ship

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

Are there any shuttles or trams running through the port these days? We are doing the blue lagoon excursion and we read that they drop you off pretty far away from the ships when you take the return ferry, My wife has some mobility issues so now shes concerned about a long walk back to the ship

Het @ScottD!

Not sure what ship you're on, but when we went to Blue Lagoon last summer on Oasis, the return ferry dropped us off really close to the ship, a few hundred yards at most.  This is the link to a post I made with an overhead of the pier (the red star was both where we met in the morning and approximately where we were dropped off).

33 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Het @ScottD!

Not sure what ship you're on, but when we went to Blue Lagoon last summer on Oasis, the return ferry dropped us off really close to the ship, a few hundred yards at most.  This is the link to a post I made with an overhead of the pier (the red star was both where we met in the morning and approximately where we were dropped off).

Thanks! I hope this is still the case,that would be great. I read a few recent reviews that complained that they picked you up close, but dropped you off on the other side because they want you walking through the new port. 

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

Thanks! I hope this is still the case,that would be great. I read a few recent reviews that complained that they picked you up close, but dropped you off on the other side because they want you walking through the new port. 

That would make sense, sadly.  Hopefully someone with more recent intel can chime in!

18 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

That would make sense, sadly.  Hopefully someone with more recent intel can chime in!

Just found this video, made very recently. She claims exactly what I read. They drop you off on the opposite side to get you to walk through.  She shows the drop off point right at the 6 minute mark. At least now I know to be prepared to stop a few times on the walk back!