Celebrity Cancels 2024-2025 South America Season

JasonOasis

The Royal Caribbean Group has decided to cancel the entire 2024-2025 South America cruise season which was to run from December 2024 through March of 2025.  Instead Celebrity Equinox will be redeployed to Cape Canaveral and will not be replaced by any other Celebrity cruise ship.  All passengers currently booked on cruises will receive a full refund.   This means for the 2024-2025 South American season the only cruise line the Royal Caribbean Group will have offering cruises out of South America will be SilverSeas which is many many many times more expensive than Celebrity.  This means for the 2024-2025 season the only two affordable, mid-market cruise lines offering South American cruises will be MSC and NCL.  

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/celebrity-cancels-2024-25-season-in-south-america/

I understand November through March is the busy season for Caribbean cruises but with 63 total ships in the Royal Caribbean Groups fleet I'm absolutely surprised they can't spare just one Celebrity ship to offer reasonably priced cruises out of South America instead they will only offer cruise on SilverSeas where prices for the smallest cabins starts at $15,000 dollars (based on pricing I saw today) and only goes up, up, up from there.

• 3 weeks later...