Fort Lauderdale Activities

So I'm not the best planner in the world, but our trip starts on Sunday on the Allure - can't wait!  My plane however arrives at 5:30 AM, can't board til noon.. what to do with the bags and the time in between.. any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts!  - Dan

There is no reason why you can't board before noon.  The boarding times that they "assign" to you is just their attempt at controlling the onboarding crowd.  They will not deny you boarding if you get there before noon.

Generally, 10:30 AM is about the earliest that they will actually start boarding but you might as well get on the ship as early as you can and start enjoying your vacation !  Rooms are likely not ready until at least 1PM so you will have to haul carry-ons around but everyone is in the same "boat" (see what I did there ???) so you just pull them around with you for a while but hey - you're on a cruise ship - nothing can be THAT bad !

Take your time at the airport, go pick up your luggage and relax a bit, maybe find a place to have breakfest. Around 9h30, jump into a cab and head for the port.

The security line opens around 10h00 am and then you can proceed to check in and move into the waiting area until the boarding begins ! 

There's a Panera bread on 17th street causeway, an Einstein Bros bagels & Starbucks. They are all right across the street from the port. Every am when I get my coffee there are lots of cruisers either (pre or post cruise) with their bags in tow eating breakfast. This is a good spot because your so close to the Port & there are tons of cabs which you can hail on the fly. Enjoy