Wonder of the Seas Central Park... what happened?

minaho

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone might have any insight to why the vines surrounding the trellises have been removed from the Wonder of the Seas Central Park? From what I can gather, the park in general was largely re-planted late 2022 due to plants not thriving in the environment. However, since then, the trellises have become completely bare even in videos I've seen from just a few weeks ago. I'm curious if the plan is to leave it this way? It's a shame because the other Oasis-class ships look so lavish with the greenery wrapped around the poles. I've considering getting married on Wonder in Central Park and am just a little disappointed with the change.

11 hours ago, minaho said:

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone might have any insight to why the vines surrounding the trellises have been removed from the Wonder of the Seas Central Park? From what I can gather, the park in general was largely re-planted late 2022 due to plants not thriving in the environment. However, since then, the trellises have become completely bare even in videos I've seen from just a few weeks ago. I'm curious if the plan is to leave it this way? It's a shame because the other Oasis-class ships look so lavish with the greenery wrapped around the poles. I've considering getting married on Wonder in Central Park and am just a little disappointed with the change.

Was on Wonder last week and I wish I could say I paid attention to the trellises but I did not.

I know most people want their wedding to be perfect but I think it would be a beautiful spot no matter what. That said, Wonder does also have the least "peaceful" Central Park of all the Oasis class ships because you can see the giant pool deck TV screen and hear more noise from the pool deck than on her sister ships.

13 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Was on Wonder the end of April. The Living Walls looked a bit puny, but there is vegetation growing on the trellises; albeit they are not 100% covered. 

Thank you for the reply! That's quite helpful to know the greenery seems to be back. I wonder if it was just replenished then, because a video I saw filmed in May had what looked like empty trellises. Plus we wouldn't be sailing until 2024, so that gives lots of time to grow.

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Was on Wonder last week and I wish I could say I paid attention to the trellises but I did not.

I know most people want their wedding to be perfect but I think it would be a beautiful spot no matter what. That said, Wonder does also have the least "peaceful" Central Park of all the Oasis class ships because you can see the giant pool deck TV screen and hear more noise from the pool deck than on her sister ships.

Thank you! I did hear about the large TV. Did you find it quite disruptive? I have an idea of the general noise levels from other ships but unsure if the TV/more noise from pool deck would significantly affect a small ceremony.

The pool deck noise (DJ parties epecially) funnels down into Central Park without question, but we found it more than tranquil enough to suit us, especially in the evening. Late afternoon wasn't bad, just a bit warm. Our favorite areas of Wonder were: 1. The Solarium, 2. Central Park. The beauty of the area and the Trellis Bar were huge factors. 🤪

Suggested to my wife we donate  the 2 Confederate Jasmine plants we have at home. They are both potted since we live in an apartment complex but were well on their way to enveloping the building before the annual pressure cleaning. Trimmed them back, put them on trellises to 'train' them. If they can take pool chlorine pressure washing maybe they can handle the environment in Central Park. 

11 hours ago, minaho said:

Thank you for the reply! That's quite helpful to know the greenery seems to be back. I wonder if it was just replenished then, because a video I saw filmed in May had what looked like empty trellises. Plus we wouldn't be sailing until 2024, so that gives lots of time to grow.

Thank you! I did hear about the large TV. Did you find it quite disruptive? I have an idea of the general noise levels from other ships but unsure if the TV/more noise from pool deck would significantly affect a small ceremony.

No, I didn't find the TV disruptive. Honestly, I would have hardly noticed it had I not read about it so I was consciously looking up for it to see if it was a big deal. You obviously have to look quite a ways up to see it. It's not exactly staring you in the face standing on deck 8; it's just visible. As a caveat, I lean heavily towards laid back and not being bothered by minor things... but I still think Wonder's Central Park would be very nice for a wedding, especially if you schedule it around a DJ party or the like.

11 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Suggested to my wife we donate  the 2 Confederate Jasmine plants we have at home. They are both potted since we live in....

I belive all plants on the ship must be approved by USDA for any ship that port stops in USA.

From talking with the on-board horticulturist it I quite a process to get a new varity of plant approved