GTY Repricing

Can a GTY cabin be repriced if GTY pricing has dropped?

I know what may seem like a simple question might not end up being so simple... But current situation is booked a GTY cabin last week for a 2024 sailing and noticed that the price has come down on this category of GTY cabin. Cabin assignment has not been made yet and still showing GTY. I'm pretty sure I've seen that once cabin is assigned I'm subject to that cabin category for any potential repricing, which means a repricing becomes much less likely with the significant savings for booking a GTY. 

Thanks, just heard from my TA that cruise was repriced (mostly) without issue. Wasn’t a huge price drop, but another cruise had a decent one so easy enough to have the TA do both at the same time. I was advised though that the updated docs are running slow today but she’ll send the updated invoices once she gets them. 

Only potential trouble was that my cruise was showing a deposit due (was a NextCruise open booking, but I’m booked in an ocean view so NextCruise deposit should suffice). TA called in the reprice to check on that and was told money was owed still, but she told me she’d try again since the extra deposit wasn’t “due” for two days. TA tried again this afternoon and rep confirmed NextCruise deposit paid was sufficient (confirming YMMV situation depending on which agent you get), and was told only those categories of JS or above have an increased deposit due - so sounds like even the reps are trying to learn the new policies.

But end result is I’m saving a couple hundred dollars on the upcoming cruises, which I’m sure I’ll just spend in another way for the trips 😂.

Thanks for the quick responses this morning!