Next cruise - already!!

Hi All so we've been back about 3 weeks from our Navigator of the Seas cruise around the Caribbiean and without going into blow by blow account it was AMAZING!!!! We had the best time and met some friends for life and we have already decided we are going away again.

Now we were just about to book the Allure for Oct 2015 but because it's our 20 year anniversary and Celebrity cruises came to mind. I understand this is the slightly upscale version if RCCL but I wondered if any of you have been on one at all.

We are not taking the kids so not worried about activities and from the website it looks a really lovely relaxing cruise to go on

Couple of questions - it's not full of pensioners is it? As much as I love older people we are in our 30s and would want to have some people around the same age.....

Also the cruise is from Rome 15 nights to Florida which sounds amazing - but the flights are ridiculous. BA actually charge more for a one way ticket from Miami to LHR than a return ticket! Has anyone booked flights with RCCL/Celebrity and how have they found the comparable prices?

Thanks guys

I'll put more stuff on about the cruise later on but as above - it was AMAZING!!!!

Hi

I'd be happy to help you on this if you want

BUT I have sailed on Celebrity and loved it - and I think its the itinerary and ship that

drive the ages groups- like the Reflection or anything out of Miami will have a range of

people - a longer cruise like you are talking about and not in summer will draw in more

people older - but that does not mean they will not be FUN!  Celebrity has some

amazing offers and deals too

email me if you want -and Allure would be a great option too.

Also the cruise is from Rome 15 nights to Florida which sounds amazing - but the flights are ridiculous. BA actually charge more for a one way ticket from Miami to LHR than a return ticket! Has anyone booked flights with RCCL/Celebrity and how have they found the comparable prices?

Trans-Atlantics are going to skew towards the older crowd as they are longer cruises - if you're in the UK see if you can still view "The Cruise: A Life At Sea" via The Red Button / iPlayer / whatever the video on demand service is called now-a-days  to get an idea about the age range of people on that type of cruise.

For airfare check out Royal Caribbean's/Celebrity's Choice Air, I understand they sometimes offer better prices for non-domestic US flights. 

For airfare check out Royal Caribbean's/Celebrity's Choice Air, I understand they sometimes offer better prices for non-domestic US flights. 

ChoiceAir used to be a bad deal in the past but these days they've refactored the program to be more competitive.  I believe their current promise is to have the cheapest price within 24 hours of booking